Get to Record Cool Stuff Being in the Army, But Don't Know What Videos to Make

Life of Brendan

Loving YTtalk
Sorry for the lengthy title but I am currently in the US Army as a Field Artillery Officer (the big booms) and am struggling to figure out what kind of videos I should make. Right now I do kind of vlogging with some clips of cool stuff we get to do sprinkled into those vlogs but think I can do better. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions of what I should make?

Is there anything off limit with what you can record? i.e. on the job and on bases etc.

Your viewers could be grouped into two categories. Those that serve and those that do not.

For those that have never served in the army, I think it would be amazing to give them a glimpse into your world. Vlogs, Q and A's, behind the scenes that show what living in the army is really like.

Is there anything off limit with what you can record? i.e. on the job and on bases etc.

Your viewers could be grouped into two categories. Those that serve and those that do not.

For those that have never served in the army, I think it would be amazing to give them a glimpse into your world. Vlogs, Q and A's, behind the scenes that show what living in the army is really like.

Yes there are definitely things I can't record and in my videos I try to be very general in what I say (don't give specifics about upcoming stuff). That being said there are a lot of really cool/unique things I can record.

I want to do monthly Q&A's but feel like I won't get many questions at this point (don't have that many subscribers yet). That being said I think I can definitely step up my vlog game from what it is now

Why not start a thread here and ask members to post questions. You can then use those.

Or if you want, create a video about asking questions and then members here can go over and post the questions directly on YouTube :)

Why not start a thread here and ask members to post questions. You can then use those.

Or if you want, create a video about asking questions and then members here can go over and post the questions directly on YouTube :)

That's actually a really good idea, I'm almost certainly going to do that. Thanks for the idea :welldone:

Isn't Opsec a pretty big thing? Kinda surprised you're allowed to film anything tbh.
OPSEC is definitely a big concern but there are a lot of things we do/things we use that can be filmed. After 15 years of war a lot of equipment we use isn't exactly secret anymore. That being said there are many things we do/learn/use that I can't show. OPSEC is certainly the top priority but I can still show people a lot about the military without compromising it

Last edited:
I think it's like anything else. You won't know what people want to see until you show them what you've got. You just have to try to imagine what would be interesting to the average person who isn't immersed in your world and then shoot that. Some of the most mundane day to day stuff to you might be really interesting to others.

Back