Genuine help needed!

yes this time rejection reason was repetitive content, I applied for monetization a year ago also and that time I got duplication as rejection message.

I am a Silver Product Expert in the area of YouTube.

The animated drawing videos are now classed as "autogenerated content" under monetization policy. Here is the section you've violated; I will bold the parts which apply to your videos.

"Repetitious content. This is content that appears mass-produced in order to increase views without adding significant educational or other value. Examples include:
  • Synthetic voice reads third-party content or nonsensical content
  • Content on a channel with minimal changes from video to video
  • Repetitive or mindless content with no additional educational value, commentary, or narrative
  • Content that’s been mass-produced or generated programmatically
  • Image slideshows or scrolling text with minimal or no additional narrative, commentary, or educational value
Note: You may be able to monetize third-party content if you have commercial use rights for that content, and you’re contributing to the value of that content in some way. This can include, but is not limited to, high-quality editing, adding commentary, or narrative."

Unfortunately, YouTube is aware that videos such as yours are normally generated by a software application; and it doesn't seem to care that the production of even a single video of this type will cost several hundred dollars as a rule. The fact that you do daily forecasts works against, rather than for you in this case; and re-applying with this channel as it stands will only produce repeated rejections.

Since you have a solid and growing fan community, and have obviously spent a lot of money on this channel I am not going to suggest that you destroy it. I suggest instead, that you run the channel for free; and if you truly want a monetized channel create a new one based on monetizable content. I will link all of the policies again here to help you get started.

YouTube Monetization Policies

Advertiser-Friendly Content Guidelines

What Kind of Content Can I Monetize?

One final suggestion. As it will take time to grow the new channel to the Application Thresholds and get it approved, you might want to get a job in the real world if you are in dire need of ready cash, and work on the new channel in your spare time.

Last edited:
ok, thank you for the details and I agree with the policies but the category of my videos is Zodiac Signs and their part in our lives. I use animation just to explain the content and the content is generated from a software but the drawing work and voice over and content writing, research etc. is still manual. And it not that my videos don't get views. people like my videos, they comment and share and if a real human will watch any video, he/she will know what the video is about. Also, the content is new in every video.

My channel was initially monetized for a year in 2017 without any issue, after that POLICIES CHANGED and it took me a year to completely change my channel and reach the threshold again.

I am well aware of your video category.

YouTube isn't looking at that; they are looking at how the videos are actually made, and what they contain. And since they contain what YouTube considers to be autogenerated content as their main visual, they've decided they don't want to monetize your channel.

Maybe someday the rules will change again; we can always hope.

I know and understand but YouTube is such a huge and only platform where Creators like us can grow. And YouTube understands that it is not easy to create videos (it provides so many tools itself). If I take my video creation process, it includes: Ideas generation, title creation, content research, article creation, script creation, voice-over, ex-plainer video script creation, actual video creation, sync voice-over and then finally video is created.

Now when it comes to YPP, YouTube just kind of flips and doesn't care about 95% of the work put in by the creator and rejects the application just for 5% work. I understand this point as well if and only if the content that is being created is not generating any view and they is no audience engagement(likes, comments, shares). But if the videos are being viewed and liked by the YouTube audience, then what is the point of rejecting the applications. YouTube is made for people and YouTube itself says that it encourages videos that are being liked by people and still..... I CAN GO ON AND ON ON THIS.

But let us just wait for their final verdict and thanks for replying to my posts, it helps a lot.

I am a Silver Product Expert in the area of YouTube.

The animated drawing videos are now classed as "autogenerated content" under monetization policy. Here is the section you've violated; I will bold the parts which apply to your videos.

"Repetitious content. This is content that appears mass-produced in order to increase views without adding significant educational or other value. Examples include:
  • Synthetic voice reads third-party content or nonsensical content
  • Content on a channel with minimal changes from video to video
  • Repetitive or mindless content with no additional educational value, commentary, or narrative
  • Content that’s been mass-produced or generated programmatically
  • Image slideshows or scrolling text with minimal or no additional narrative, commentary, or educational value
Note: You may be able to monetize third-party content if you have commercial use rights for that content, and you’re contributing to the value of that content in some way. This can include, but is not limited to, high-quality editing, adding commentary, or narrative."

Unfortunately, YouTube is aware that videos such as yours are normally generated by a software application; and it doesn't seem to care that the production of even a single video of this type will cost several hundred dollars as a rule. The fact that you do daily forecasts works against, rather than for you in this case; and re-applying with this channel as it stands will only produce repeated rejections.

Since you have a solid and growing fan community, and have obviously spent a lot of money on this channel I am not going to suggest that you destroy it. I suggest instead, that you run the channel for free; and if you truly want a monetized channel create a new one based on monetizable content. I will link all of the policies again here to help you get started.

YouTube Monetization Policies

Advertiser-Friendly Content Guidelines

What Kind of Content Can I Monetize?

One final suggestion. As it will take time to grow the new channel to the Application Thresholds and get it approved, you might want to get a job in the real world if you are in dire need of ready cash, and work on the new channel in your spare time.

sorry do not mean to highjack this thread I just saw this and had to ask how it is duplicate content in YT eyes? This has be a bit concerned because I use the same footage (every so often) well more like a clip from a Broll I took a while back on a few videos but sometime narrate on a review or something. all my footage is from my own obviously and music is from artlist.io which I paid for 1 year

I checked his channel out as well and the drawings were not exactly the same in every video. some had different presentations and stuff. or is it more of a computerized monetize approval recognizing a software? but even then its not repetition. if that is the case, every gamer and vlogger is repetitive in a sense.

It's not duplicate content; its repetitious content. I linked the YouTube Monetization Polices in one of my replies. Please click the link and read the article. It should make everything clear.

Back