Gaming Channels: BE ORIGINAL

SaKenMadRaj

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
I think folks only watch my videos because of the thumbs...lol..

good stuff!

THEXREACTER

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
most of that advice is pretty common sense. If you don't wanna be called a rip-off, then don't rip off other peoples' wordings and thumbnails and such. As for the rest... idk, seems nowadays just 'go with the norm' and make COD and Mincraft videos and you're in.
yes exactly it is common sense..but your right tho the norm is cod and minecraft which kinda upsets me about because there's alot more content that's out there that could be done but everyone thinks that in order for them to be successful on youtube they have to have COD or minecraft channel..[DOUBLEPOST=1358404138,1358404108][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think folks only watch my videos because of the thumbs...lol..

good stuff!
lol..thats true for me too :D

Edward.K

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
BE ORIGINAL

Every second there's someone new joining YouTube to start a gaming channel weather it’s a game play commentary channel or a let’s play channel or some other form of gaming. There’s about a million other channels out there that's doing the exact same thing that’s already super popular, so it’s VERY important for you to stand out and be original, don't try and copy other popular channels content so that you can gain views and subscribers.

Thumbnails:You may not know this but thumbnails are one of the top most important aspects of YouTube. People don't click on videos because of the title they mainly click because the thumbnail looks awesome and they want to see what video is behind it. This leads to the first point; "DON'T COPY THUMBNAILS FROM OTHER POPULAR CHANNELS" try and make your own original thumbnails. Do some research, look at different popular channels and see what there thumbnails are like and then try to come up with your own original thumbnails.

Title & Video Description:Video titles are the next important thing on YouTube. aside from your thumbnails, your title says a lot, it tells the audience what they’re expecting to see before they click on your video and your description lets them decide should i stay and watch this or not. With that being said, "DON'T COPY WORD FOR WORD TITLES & DESCRIPTIONS FROM POPULAR CHANNELS". That is not something that you want to do so that you can gain views. That's like plagiarism because you’re taking someone else’s words that are not yours. I've seen YouTube channels that have done this exact same thing and they got banned for it. So again do your research and come up with your own unique and specific title and description. You will be surprise that your viewers would be more interested in viewing your content because it’s unique.

YouTube Name/Channel Name/Identity: There was a person a few years back that started a YouTube channel and decided to use the name of another channel with just one letter being different. In doing this he gained a lot of subscribers overnight and views. The original channel found out and reported it and he was banned. This is not something to be mentioned because it’s simple COMMON SENSE. Don’t take on the identity of someone else that’s popular on YouTube for your own gain. You can actually be charged for that and be sued in court, so that’s not a risk that you want to take. Again do your RESEARCH look up different YouTube names or even go on Google and try to generate a unique channel name, use your imagination and come up with your own name.

Content: This is the hardest part of trying to be original and that’s your content, it’s hard but it’s not entirely impossible. Let’s take Call of duty commentaries for example because that’s like the number 1 most YouTube channel that’s out there. Like I said before there’s a million and one other channels that are doing that exact something that you want to do, so the question is how do you make yours different? Well there really is no answer for that, it’s up to you. Make your commentaries different from the norm. You can do reality commentaries or do commentaries on your daily life. Again do your RESEARCH. Search and watch a lot of different commentaries from famous channels and see what their content is mostly about and work your way from there. On another note. “If you’re not good and sniping or quick scope then don’t try it on your channel”. I’ve seen a lot of new channels trying to do sniping montages and gameplays and it’s just a complete mess. It’s simple, if you’re not GOOD at Something they TRY something else that you’re GOOD at, only then you’ll be successful.

The Bottom Line:
Throughout this article the most important thing that was mentioned is RESEARCH! Don’t just wake up one day and jump up and go on amazon and buy a $150 HD PVR and a mic and decide you’re going to do a YouTube gaming channel without even having a clue what you’re getting into. First go on YouTube and research on the content that you want to do, see what everybody else is doing and try to come up with your own ORIGINAL content. People don’t want to see the same content being recycled over and over again; you won’t gain views or subscribers that way. People want to see something FRESH and NEW and if you can succeed at that then you’re one your way to having a successful YouTube channel.

EVERYTHING THAT’S SAID HERE CAN BE ACHIEVED!

Thanks for Reading
Thanks ... liked it too .. :)

Reactions: THEXREACTER

KiddoCabbusses

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thankfully my content already has some "originality" points...

Too bad I'm not good at making any thumbnails, so I just stick to what Youtube auto-generates.

THEXREACTER

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Thankfully my content already has some "originality" points...

Too bad I'm not good at making any thumbnails, so I just stick to what Youtube auto-generates.
thats good enough i respect the fact that you know your not good at something but u dont try to copy someone elses.. :):up:

stravy gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Very nice, but sometimes it can get a little bit hard to do original stuff when the community is so big. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: THEXREACTER