Gaming Channels: Am I doing this right?

Paleo

I've Got It
So last week I launched a gaming channel to compliment my current channel. (Linked as "My Gaming Channel" on my main channel below)

I'm going off of what I've observed from other Let's Play channels and how they operate. So I'm posting 2 videos a day. One at Noon and another at 9 PM. I have 3 playthroughs going on at one time that I'm uploading to the channel and once one playthrough is done, I'll move on to another game.

I'm also going to be doing a special video in the middle of the week called 'one shot wednesdays' where I take a look at an arcade-y type of game.

I forwarded people there from my other channel so I have a little over 500 subscribers to start out with and so far have been getting at least 100 views a day and will likely grow as videos are added. Like I said, I JUST made this channel last week, so it's very young.

So what do you guys think? Is it looking good so far?

Also, what do you think makes a successful gaming channel?

Last edited:
Found it :p

I think if you have the time then go for it. If you're doing a series I think it's important to upload often so a viewer isn't left waiting too long which is what you're doing so great. I also like your One Shot Wednesday feature, it shakes things up a bit.

That being said, I personally I don't think it's necessary to upload twice a day, you may end up flooding your viewers feeds and that could put them off. Think about the subscribers that aren't interested in the games you're currently playing. I don't know about you but I hate seeing someone on my feed drowning out the other things I wanna see. Uploading once a day means you could put more time into your editing, cutting out downtime to keep things shorter and more interesting.

Overall though, it looks like you've got a good thing going so congrats man :D

Just be mindful about how much content you're putting out.

Beastby

Looks good man, seeing as you've already worked your way up to a decent sub count on your main channel you'll find that some of them will show you love on the new channel too which is pretty cool as you don't have to go through the struggle of 0-100 subs which is very draining in my opinion :p Good luck with your new channel Paleo :)

Back