[GAMERS] heavily edited videos vs long playthroughs

mavio

What do you guys prefer doing ?

When I say heavily edited I mean like Pewdiepie's videos. Especially if you've watched his Dark Souls series it's insane. He took a game where everyone does a normal playthrough and he edited out all the boring stuff and added a bunch of cool stuff on top of it making it very entertaining. What do you think about videos like these?

And also what's your opinion on unedited playthroughs like theRadBrad does? These are easier to get out because no editing is needed but you have to be really good at commentary.

Do you think someone should do both or stick to a specific style? I think the edited style is for sure more entertaining.

I do minor editing just to help with the "viewers journey" IE... any bits where it goes quiet or the gameplay isnt really needed for the story/gameplay progression I remove. Apart from that its mostly raw footage for mine! I only really edit my VLOGS :)

I agree with you that the heavily edited videos are more entertaining... my channel is going to have a lot of short 5-10 minute CS:GO funny moment videos uploaded to it, which is because I believe it's more entertaining than a 40+ minute competitive match. I do understand the appeal in undedited playthroughs, but it's not my cup of tea. I suppose it's just down to personal preference :)

Yeah it sounds good to me matey! Should be sirsmudge125 :) DONT GIVE ANY SPOILERS ;) haha have a great time!

Haha, okay I'll send you a friend request now :)
And don't worry, you won't be getting any spoilers from me...... I've been trying to avoid them all day myself xD

I like watching both, but I'm more of a heavy editor. It all depends on what you do. If you do games that would usually be a long walkthrough without editing, then it would usually be good to heavy edit, unless your aim is to create as such of a walkthrough.

I still have to expose my content in order to grow effectively. So right now i am trying to do shorter vids with extraneous cut out, sometimes heavily.

Back