Free and Positive Critique of your Channel.

Zynthesis

I'd be up for taking a look at your channel and some of your videos and just giving you a critique on the over all content/look/branding of your channel.

Just so you're aware, I'm going to give you my honest opinion and tell you where I think you could help yourself. It by no means represents how I see you as a youtube creator. For example, if you are a poop examiner and that's what you make videos about then so be it.

I have worked in Advertising and marketing for 16 years and have seen all sorts of websites, graphic design, logos, and any other kind of branding you can think of. Good, bad, and horrible.

Things I'll look over:

How a new possible subscriber sees your channel, when they first open it. (First Impression)
Your artwork (Banner, Thumbnails, Fonts, over all Color pallets, and other design esthetics)
Your channels content
Your channels theme
Your channels branding
Your viewers comments
Your overall subscriber interactions
Your channels layout, grammatical errors.
Your contents descriptions, annotations, transcriptions.
I'll also view your current channels social blade status and see how that's going.

Then I'll let you know what I think you could work on.

If you have any questions or things you don't understand, just do a followup question.
Example : I say something like (You need to work on your thumbnails, they are not legible to your viewer) Then you ask me in a follow up, how do I make them more legible? I'll answer.

Things I won't really answer :

How do you make thumbnails?
How do I make a logo?
What should my Design look like?

I feel like these questions are things you should research, and they are more complicated and diverse then simple answers, and can take more time then I have to answer.

I'm going to do everything I can in my means and that time allows and if you have any questions, or i'm not responding to your post fast enough or something you can tweet me @Zynthesis with something like hey can you critique my channel real quick @ such and such.

Lastly, don't get mad or hold a grudge against me. In fact if you can't take positive criticisms then perhaps you shouldn't get your channel critiqued. I understand that you spend lots of time on your channels and art and other things and it can feel like a dagger through the heart when someone says something negative or tells you you should change something. This isn't what I want to do, I in no way want to hurt your feelings, I just want to help and teach you what I've learned.

Keep in mind before I started making gaming content, I had 200 subscribers. I just started making gaming videos about 3 months ago. I have over 1400 subs now. I think the effort I put forward and the steps i've taken over the last 3 months have shown in my channels growth and positive feedback. I would like to share my knowledge.

Thanks for reading and look forward to helping this community.

Zynthesis

If you're still happy to, I would love an outsider's opinion on my channel!

Be as harsh as you need, because I really need to know where I can improve, and I know there is plenty of room for that! :)

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to offer up feedback. Unfortunately most people here always want to receive but rarely give feedback themselves. Just look at the number of replies most of these threads have. With that being said (sorry for the rant) if you're still up to it, I would ecstatic if you could take a look at my channel and give me your two cents :D (If possible, please disregard my channel trailer video as I'm currently working on a new one that will replace my current one)

Critique pls :)

Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/partyboyu

1500+ subs
1,810,439 video views.

Your socialblade gives you a C+ grade.
After reviewing your socialblade stats, I can assume your subscriber growth is poor, and your CPM is quite high. You must be getting high value advertisements because of the content you are sharing. Your top video has provided over 360 subscribers. Which constitutes for about 30% of your channels subscribers from one video. The video also has 900k+ views which is more then %50 of your total views.

First Impression - A Channel about cars obviously. The channel banner is themed to the channel, yet it's lacking in character and is low resolution. The text in the banner is small and does little to represent the channels name. The banner text also doesn't match the channels name making it non cohesive. Your featured video is a year old and tells me this channel isn't active in content.

There are obviously other videos on your channel, I can not tell the volume of videos and there no custom thumbnails. Basic descriptions and titles on all videos.

Final impression, is this channel has car videos and the videos are dated. The video quality ranges from great to poor.

Fixes -

The playlist area is basic and contained on a single scroll bar. Create each playlist on it's own horizontal bar. This will increase the content that is shown to the viewer and increases the chances of other videos being watched. Bring your newest and highest quality videos to top of the playlists.

The channels banner and avatar needs to be updated. It needs more color and show some character. Pick a color pallet and keep your artwork cohesive throughout. Make the main focus the name of your channel.

Your channels content is organized, straight to the point, and niche.

Your channels theme is fine, your about section needs to be reworked and have a proper sequence of introduction, subject, and categories.

Your channels branding - Is lacking throughout. The only branding I see is in the titles of your videos, and at the end of your description on one visible video. The google+ redirect needs to be updated to reflect the same brand as the youtube channel. You need to unclick the box for your personal comments on other videos. The google+ needs to just be about the youtube channel. The facebook page does this.

Your viewers comments are positive.

Your overall subscriber interactions are positive, but lacking. They don't have any reason or call to action to make any comments and all comments on the videos are organic.

Your contents descriptions, and annotations need work. Your titles also need work. They lack keywords, redirects, and call to actions.

I'm going to recommend completing the creators academy. Link below. http://www.youtube.com/yt/creators/creatoracademy.html

Overall, your channel is a very niche channel. Makes your subscribers loyal. You need to post more content on a regular basis. You have positive subscriber growth and views. You have HIGH cpm for your video views because of your advertisements. You need a outro and a splash screen intro that embraces your brand. More interactions with your subscribers and just an overall presence.

If the above fixes never happen, your future prediction for subscriber growth is

2018-03-15
5 years
6,353 subscribers

Back