Foreign language tags - good strategy or bad?

matthewd

YTtalk Mad
So I do little kids videos. There's not a lot of talking in some of them. Basically just toy unboxing. When I tag it should I also be tagging the main theme "toy unboxing" or "barbie toys" or whatever with foreign language tags? Anyone have any experience doing it. Does google like/dislike/indifferent to this?

Thanks,

Matt

Definitely a good strategy - especially if your analytics show strong views from areas such as South America where one single language can cover a large number of countries. Try to tag with common typos too, so if people often mis-spell "Barbie" as "Barby" then try using that as a tag. I often tag "Yatch" as well as "Yacht" because many people make that mistake.

Tagging with words spelled badly will definitely increase your views from the U.S.A.... LOL!!!!

In the tags section, I dont see this being an issue if they are relevant, if you do this in the description in comma delimited lists you can run into trouble as it is against the TOS. A lot of large channels place lists of keywords in their descriptions and many run into trouble for it.

Back