FoodTuber, Needs Your Critiques

Hey all,

I create food review videos of different restaurants and foods in Japan. I'd love to hear some of your critiques, specifically in regard to:

1) The intro segment of the video. I introduce the segment and usually go into a B-roll montage of the food. What do you think while watching this? Too long? Unnecessary?

2) What do you think of the fast pacing of the curry video? Too fast? Could be longer?

Thanks so much everyone!

Last edited:
This is great stuff! In regards to the length of the montage, I think it's a good length. It gives a teaser of what is to come from the video.

With that being said, the clips within the video itself we're almost the same length (showing the bites of food and stuff). So that meant a lot of people could have stopped watching and left after the montage. However, you commentary is what would keep them around and I think it was some good commentary at that. You gave details about the food and didn't hide the fact that the food was most likely fatty and awful for you. Nothing I appreciate more than honesty!

Your jokes toward the end we're nice too. I like that you didn't try to bog down your content and video with it. They were nice little blips toward the end that gave some nice closure to the video.

All in all, I'm super impressed and I subscribed. I didn't think I'd be into these types of videos but yours was short and sweet and to the point!

I'm just jealous I won't get to try these places myself [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is great stuff! In regards to the length of the montage, I think it's a good length. It gives a teaser of what is to come from the video.

With that being said, the clips within the video itself we're almost the same length (showing the bites of food and stuff). So that meant a lot of people could have stopped watching and left after the montage. However, you commentary is what would keep them around and I think it was some good commentary at that. You gave details about the food and didn't hide the fact that the food was most likely fatty and awful for you. Nothing I appreciate more than honesty!

Your jokes toward the end we're nice too. I like that you didn't try to bog down your content and video with it. They were nice little blips toward the end that gave some nice closure to the video.

All in all, I'm super impressed and I subscribed. I didn't think I'd be into these types of videos but yours was short and sweet and to the point!

I'm just jealous I won't get to try these places myself [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks, appreciate the feedback! I'm still trying to figure out whether this is the style I should keep plugging away at or not (in regards to having the opening montage). But you are right in that the same video clips get used throughout the video after the montage, so it may be redundant for people, since they got all they wanted out of the montage.

I'm trying to work on the commentary and my on-camera presence. That's the weakest part of my videos and hopefully that will keep people watching. Thanks again, @Spence Bailey !

I just checked out your channel! so far your videos look pretty good the quality, the editing looks great and so does your thumbnails. The length of your videos are pretty good you could go a little longer if you wanted to, but I personally wouldn’t want to go to much longer with the time.:)

the 5 seconds speech at beginning is important if you want to play an intro. If people get the intro first they may not wait it out. The 30 seconds intro that followed i think personally is far too long. Its old skool tv style. Back when we had only 4 channel to choose from on tv and no internet and no way to skip forward that was ok. But probs not viable today. I'd say half it. Unless your creator studio audience retention says different? Do you get a big drop off in views in the first 30 seconds?
I liked the rest of the video. Now i'm hungry :)

Back