First video questions.

AngelNOfficial

Hello people of YTTalk,
I'm starting a music channel sometime at the end of this month or early January. I was wondering what are your thoughts on a brand new music channel releasing an original song for their first video? Should I post one of my originals so it's easier for people to find me and makes me original and fresh or should I post a few covers and wait until I get a decent amount of subs before posting an original? Thanks so much for any answers!

You got it all around. People won't find you by posting original songs they would find you more from covers thats why some top youtube musicians even start it that way until they have audience and then they start feeding people with original songs. Noone knows you or your songs at first they wouldn't search for your song but hey they know lets say Katy Perry and her hits so you got higher chances of being found from doing a cover of a song thats being regularly searched for.

You got it all around. People won't find you by posting original songs they would find you more from covers thats why some top youtube musicians even start it that way until they have audience and then they start feeding people with original songs. Noone knows you or your songs at first they wouldn't search for your song but hey they know lets say Katy Perry and her hits so you got higher chances of being found from doing a cover of a song thats being regularly searched for.
Thanks! Maybe I could release an original after reaching a milestone like 50 or 100 subscribers, 500 views, etc.?

Thanks! Maybe I could release an original after reaching a milestone like 50 or 100 subscribers, 500 views, etc.?
yeah you can its just you have higher chances of becoming successful from covers but its good that when some peopel subscribe they see ooh cool this person does originals too so its a good thing you should go with it. good luck! :thumbsup2:

Back