First Network Invite! Planet Cameo Network?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they emailed me today and i did some diging and email them this and they have not got back to me yet.

cleardot.gif

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 6
I also received an offer from an MCN. They sent a standard email that said we'd like to work with "channel name" if they can't even use mail merge properly I'd rather not partner with them :D

I've never heard of such a network, but I'd like to give you a bit of fair warnings about networks as a whole:

I signed my channel to a 2-year agreement with Fullscreen about a 1 year and a half ago, they take 30% of my earnings in exchange of their tools. Nowadays, that translates to $300-$400 per month worth of lost earnings!!! For what they offer me, their programs are currently of no use to me, and they never really were. Before you sign any sort of agreement with a network, make sure you understand everything that they offer to you in exchange of a cut of your own earnings. Also consider the length of the agreement (usually 2 years) and understand that you cannot cancel the partnership until that period is over, and sometimes they make it automatically renew. Also, most importantly, apparently contrary to popular belief, you can make earnings without a multi-channel network. Often times networks will offer you "a CPM of up to $10!!!" whereas this statistic is a fancy way of saying "Our best creators earn $10 CPM and if you work your a** off you can too!" Just keep in mind that they do not possess the ability to increase your CPM, they just give you tools to expand your channel and achieve higher CPM's. (fyi, CPM is Cost Per Mille, latin for thousand. Basically earnings per thousand views.)

As for the network itself, it seems like their website a generic format that I've seen several times before. This leads me to believe that it's a subsidiary of another network, not that that is necessarily a bad thing. My only recommendation is that you truly look into the network and what they offer. The first step is to reply to the scout that seeked you out and ask for what services they require and what cut they will take of your earnings. If you decide to go ahead with the partnership, be sure to look over the contract before you sign it, good luck!

I didn't actually start receiving partnership requests until I surpassed 1,000 subscribers, also keep in mind that there were less networks at the time and I was already partnered with Fullscreen. Nowadays, there are just too many to count XD

A business email is always nice to have, you'll need to make one eventually for your channel and it's best to reserve an email while you still can :)

Good advice. Glad you realise that networks can't magically give you a higher CPM -- it's a common misconception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back