Finding your niche

Lasersgo

I've Got It
I've been having a bit of an identity crisis.

At first I wanted to make my channel to vlog about my daily life after I moved here to Australia from the USA, but quickly found that once I watched my videos back...I have a boring life haha. Since I spend lots of time at home, I figured I would start reacting to some of the videos I've been watching and giving commentary about things I just find are interesting to me...

I guess my dilemma is I don't have any idea what my niche is. I like both of the things I listed above (reacting to what's trending/popular and just having a one on one sit down talk in front of the camera about things I am interested in). What do you suggest is the best way to help decide which of these I should focus in on? My channel is only about a month old, so I know I have LOADS of time, but any advice would help!

I've been having a bit of an identity crisis.

At first I wanted to make my channel to vlog about my daily life after I moved here to Australia from the USA, but quickly found that once I watched my videos back...I have a boring life haha. Since I spend lots of time at home, I figured I would start reacting to some of the videos I've been watching and giving commentary about things I just find are interesting to me...

I guess my dilemma is I don't have any idea what my niche is. I like both of the things I listed above (reacting to what's trending/popular and just having a one on one sit down talk in front of the camera about things I am interested in). What do you suggest is the best way to help decide which of these I should focus in on? My channel is only about a month old, so I know I have LOADS of time, but any advice would help!

Welcome to the club! Identity crisis is my middle name. I started off vlogging a little then decided to talk about college football. Since that's only seasonal I really should think of something more long term.

Welcome to the club! Identity crisis is my middle name. I started off vlogging a little then decided to talk about college football. Since that's only seasonal I really should think of something more long term.
I feeeeeeel that pain my friend. Would love to focus on just soccer but I think it's actually TOO broad and people just look down on an American talking soccer.

My first channel was all over the show for the first year. I eventually went back over the channel and remembered what videos I enjoyed most and what videos my audience enjoyed most and my niche shone through. I rebranded to my niche and deleted the videos that didnt make sense. That channel now has an identity although today I work mostly on another channel which was niche made from day 1. Only because of what I learned from my first channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1502894120,1502894065][/DOUBLEPOST]I must admit though - there must be something you can do niche wise for a Yank now in Oz?

you gotta go with your gut instinct man. pretty normal to feel this way since you have a new channel. maybe try a combination of types of videos and see what makes you happy and see what kind of feedback if any you receive from your audience and adjust from there.

Reacting to videos on the internet - Dime a dozen, no niche there.

Life in Australia from the perspective of someone from USA - Good niche. Maybe you just need to get out more to shoot interesting videos.

Back