Final Cut Pro X thread

FantasyGamerX

'Cause Grades.
See I'm getting tired of asking so many questions about FCPX. SO could you guys post your tips and questions down below please? I have a question! My share monitor keeps going up, 5 minutes ago it was 1:14 now its 2:29? What's up with that?!

Share monitor is no longer used by final cut pro (or apple in general)! It sucks. anyway if you load up more applications or docs or just using your computer when its rendering it will take longer due to less ram? don't quote me on that but it's something like that! so basically if you leave it to do it (best time is when your sleeping) it'll go much quicker! but i guess you don't need it to go quicker because you'll be asleep.

I just read on and you put 5 minutes so thats not long at all! With mine it's usually a minimum of an hour!

It's just an estimate time! it'll fluctuate loads

h
Share monitor is no longer used by final cut pro (or apple in general)! It sucks. anyway if you load up more applications or docs or just using your computer when its rendering it will take longer due to less ram? don't quote me on that but it's something like that! so basically if you leave it to do it (best time is when your sleeping) it'll go much quicker! but i guess you don't need it to go quicker because you'll be asleep.

I just read on and you put 5 minutes so thats not long at all! With mine it's usually a minimum of an hour!
hmmm thanks for the tip!

You should just save and export the file as a movie. Then you can directly upload to the YouTube website! Share monitor is no longer used by Apple anymore :)
Hope this helps,

Froska Team.

I alway go via the share menu to upload my clips and let FCPX do everything. It pretty much does the same thing - exports the project first, then uploads it. If you go into the FCP Projects folder on your render disc, you'll find a 'Shared' folder, which contains the exported video. Hence if the upload failed for any reason, your internet got disconnect for example, you can just reupload the exported file from the shared folder rather then re-rendering the whole thing again.[DOUBLEPOST=1369996780,1369996646][/DOUBLEPOST]

It's just an estimate time! it'll fluctuate loads

Rendering is CPU intensive. It'll use the CPU mainly and will be slower if you are doing other tasks on the computer at the same time. Hence while rendering, as Andrew suggested, best to leave the system to do its job so it can use the CPU at full capacity if it needs to.
Having more RAM is god for use while you edit and create the project.

I alway go via the share menu to upload my clips and let FCPX do everything. It pretty much does the same thing - exports the project first, then uploads it. If you go into the FCP Projects folder on your render disc, you'll find a 'Shared' folder, which contains the exported video. Hence if the upload failed for any reason, your internet got disconnect for example, you can just reupload the exported file from the shared folder rather then re-rendering the whole thing again.[DOUBLEPOST=1369996780,1369996646][/DOUBLEPOST]

Rendering is CPU intensive. It'll use the CPU mainly and will be slower if you are doing other tasks on the computer at the same time. Hence while rendering, as Andrew suggested, best to leave the system to do its job so it can use the CPU at full capacity if it needs to.
Having more RAM is god for use while you edit and create the project.
I realize that now XD Ran into so many problems uploading my latest video. The problem is when I put my computer to sleep it shuts off the internet connection, so I have to leave the computer on while I upload

I realize that now XD Ran into so many problems uploading my latest video. The problem is when I put my computer to sleep it shuts off the internet connection, so I have to leave the computer on while I upload

Correct. When I used to use my MacBook I would set it so it would never sleep when connected to external power for this reason.

Back