Filming at Night

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Hi All,

Trying to film more cinematic type shots for Vlogs etc.
Was thinking about getting some cool slow motion car shots however having issues with LED headlights. I get a flicker effect and makes the video not the best quality. Lighting for me is a big concern as want it to look as crisp as possible.

Any tips would be great.

That's just because that how LED lights work. It's a bit complex, but you'll see that flickering on almost any real car in videos for example you might see it on Amazon's Grand Tour, where they review real cars. Big budget movies sometimes fix it in post, or by using different lights as props. Personally I think it looks cool, but there's not really a solid work around as a small individual creator that I know of personally.

That's just because that how LED lights work. It's a bit complex, but you'll see that flickering on almost any real car in videos for example you might see it on Amazon's Grand Tour, where they review real cars. Big budget movies sometimes fix it in post, or by using different lights as props. Personally I think it looks cool, but there's not really a solid work around as a small individual creator that I know of personally.

That's what I thought :'( thanks though :)

Back