Featured video for subscribers gone

I used this regularly, I would typically use it for my latest upload. Sometimes I would switch it up, one of my older popular video's.

Now it has disappeared from my channel. Not sure if I turned something off or what happened. Sure would like it back.

Yeah, I noticed mine disappeared a few days ago, too. Oh well....I never created a good intro video anyway. I wonder what they'll bring out next?

very weird?

Very Very Weird[DOUBLEPOST=1521137595,1521131730][/DOUBLEPOST]
I used this regularly, I would typically use it for my latest upload. Sometimes I would switch it up, one of my older popular video's.

Now it has disappeared from my channel. Not sure if I turned something off or what happened. Sure would like it back.
FEATURED CONTENT DISCONTINUED ON YOUTUBE
December 14, 2017
As of December 14, 2017, the ability to feature a video or playlist on all uploads of a YouTube channel has been disabled. Continue reading for the full details on this update on http://quarterlab.com/featured-content-discontinued-youtube/

[yttalk staff edited in a clickable link]

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved one playlist up in my list of playlists on my channel, and my channel trailer came back. :eek: Maybe try editing your YT homepage? It might come back! : D

I think the featured video / playlist mentioned in the article was a small link in the lower-left-hand corner that you could advertise across all videos, not the channel trailer.

FEATURED CONTENT DISCONTINUED ON YOUTUBE
December 14, 2017

correct!

also,
I am not sure if I understood the situation right but there are two "homepages"
one for new visitors (e.g. add trailer) and one for current subscribers (e.g. latest uploads)
depending who (new / returning visitor) goes to your homepage.

correct!

also,
I am not sure if I understood the situation right but there are two "homepages"
one for new visitors (e.g. add trailer) and one for current subscribers (e.g. latest uploads)
depending who (new / returning visitor) goes to your homepage.

The one for current subscribers has disappeared.
I was using both quite effectively. The one for new visitors (trailer) is still there. I would put my latest video up and feature it, then switch it up with others that were very popular in the past. Frustrating they have removed it. Yet I see other channels still have it????

The one for current subscribers has disappeared.

Strange. I think that exists for everyone.

blue button "Customize Channel" / drop down list "view as: self/new/returning" on the center / left
and also editable from the little pen symbol in the upper right corner as you hover your mouse.

Back