FB sharing

FraYoshi

GNU lover ^^
Under the suggestion of @Crystal_Joy
I have found that making a 10-15 second trailer for my video and uploading it directly to Facebook along with a link directly to my youtube video works wonderfully. Facebook is trying really hard to become YouTube so they squander any posts from youtube but push videos from their own servers. Not only will your post push people to your video page and count your views properly, your post will get put in front of waaay more people. Michelle Phan does it all the time.

I tried making a "teaser" not so many seconds longer which redirect to YouTube (not a link but a "search index").

Results:
in 30 minutes:
  • 72 people reached
  • 2 new views on YouTube
cool for the first mid-hour :thumbsup2:

View attachment 30149

in 2 hours:
  • 184 people reached
  • 3 new views on YouTube
  • 52 views on FB
in 2 days and...... some hours:

View attachment 30231
  • 1409 people reached
  • 453 FB views
  • 7 YT views for direct search (Trailer redirection)
View attachment 30232

It was part of the Thread:
FB kills YT' interactivity (can't link, search xD)

Last edited:
Man i really suck at FB. Thats my 1 social network that i truly suck at. I just can't maintain it right. On twitter i get atleast 1000 impressions per tweet on facebook i get like.. 3-4 reach lmao and 1 of them is my brother.

Agree with you @AlexGotBeats ...
But in Italy twitter is veeeeeery unused!!!
FB is the main social network just the way Microsoft is nearly the only O.S. you can find.....

Personally... I prefer G+ and Twitter but use FB because of this national condition :geek2:

So I'm tring to boost it :coffee2:

Last edited:
I get a much better reach on FB than I do Twitter. For whatever reason, nobody clicks on my Twitter feeds. XD

Maybe something here might help idk:
This is focused on directly getting views from already established likes and their friends.

- You may want to try "clickbait" titles if you can with your niche. You might hate it, but it really does still work so long as you deliver on what the title promises. Basically you just want an information gap/be emotionally charged in the title so people want to see what it is, how overboard you go is up to you. (for example "What He Leaves With His Tip is so Funny It'll Leave You in Tears", "What He Found in Safe Discovered In a Pond Made Him Rich", "I Found the Weirdest Restaurant when Visiting Paris")

- Also have a very intriguing thumbnail as well. It could be teasing the mystery of the title, something slapstick, showing emotion, etc., something that draws attention.

- My luck with it was 5-10% click-through-rate for everybody that was reached. You DO NOT want to boost a post that is not performing at least this well. The limited free outreach that FB provides is how you see which posts to boost. In other words, if you boost a low performing post, it'll still be a low performing post, but boosting a successful post might give it the push it needs to get the sharing rolling (assuming it's good shareable content).

- Also it kind of seems you need between 3-10k likes to get the sharing engine primed and rolling, and IDK personally how to make it worth post boosting without numbers like that.

- Now I did this by sharing links to a wordpress website that had youtube embeds on the website page, so idk if facebook would punish direct shares to youtube or not.

Last edited:
When you say a direct link to your youtube video, you mean in the same post as the video trailer or placing the link in the actual video? Because I imagine Facebook would eventually detect the YouTube links alongside their own facebook videos.

Yeah, I mean having the youtube link being somewhere directly on the facebook post. Someone else would have to know whether that is punished or not, because I don't.

Update 2 days after and...... some hours!

FB and YT for search.JPG
  • 1409 people reached
  • 453 FB views
  • 7 YT views for direct search (Trailer redirection)
FB views 450 trailer vBLog.JPG

Back