Facecam or not?

NoirAscii

Liking YTtalk
This is something I have been debating for a while now. My content consists of let's play videos, but I have not done anything with a facecam. I have the tools and the lighting to do it, but I have not brought myself to using it.

So I am asking whether or not you think that it even matters to use it?

I'd say it depends a lot on the format. I've been searching on the topic in the past and I think most people say that for streaming it is much more important than for edited videos as long as the videos are entertaining and engaging without one. So, depends a lot on the content and format.

I had a co-worker who would spend most of his coding hours watching Vinny's videos on the side and he doesn't have a cam so it's clearly doable (from what I understand he has a large followerbase).

Facecam can make or break a hypnotist on YouTube, depending on the niche you are 'pitching' to, and your gender. For female hypnotists especially, "young and beautiful" is the way to go if you want to do facecam as a rule. All I am going to say here, is I'll be 61 come late August, and I am female.

Draw your own conclusion?

Back