Facebook Strategy?

Zero

I Love YTtalk
Does anyone have advice or tips on using Facebook effectively? I don't know how to effectively advertise my content through it so I'll ask the experts here.

I heard of groups that you could jump into but I can't find em.

I would absolutely love to hear about this ^^^ If anyone has the name of some groups on Facebook and Twitter to join to share and promote to a YouTube community, please share! :)

I wouldn't recommend Facebook personally, but if anything contact 'Like' pages (start small) and ask them for help with promoting your videos (helps if the video is linked to something the page is related to, gaming for example) but that's just about the only tip I can give currently, hope it all goes well!

most people use a device for twitter/facebook. Not the best source of views I figured out.

Unless people come home and check the link out later. But yeah, I check twitter and facebook more on mobile devices. Not saying it's not a good sharing platform because of that but there are other ways.

• Fanpage is better than personal page. Hitting "Like" is easier than hitting "Add friend".
  • Ask your friends to share your site with their friends or at least like it.
  • Make a great facebook cover picture. there are cover photo templates, just like there are channel art templates.
  • Post regularly.
  • Post wide ranged topics that might interest your audience, not only about your youtube channel.
  • React to what your audience is posting on your site from time to time.
  • Make use of the "highlight"-option. Dont overuse it.
  • Use hashtags? (Not really sure, how good it works, but why not?)
  • Post picture frequently to round up your posts. "Watching" is more effective than "reading".
  • Link your facebook link in every video you upload and as well link it to your channel art.
  • Change cover photo and avatar from time to time. It makes your fanpage look refreshing and dynamic. Dont overuse!

Aggresive style (not recommended!)
  • Add everyone you see. Get 4000 friends. Invite them all.

Great tips, BigRice!

My advice would also be to brand yourself across the Internet, use as many resources as you can, and why not Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and all the other FREE sites online? It's free marketing. Be consistent, use the same avatar, name, etc. So when people see you they recognize you, then they're more likely to look into what you do. Here are a couple more Facebook tips to keep in mind:

· Posts are looked at most on work days, between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
· Ask your reader’s questions. They like to be included.
· Share posts that are short and to the point.

Don't just post to your fanpage! A lot of my views have come from my facebook friends sharing to their friends and them sharing and well.... you get the point. I've had views from a friend of a friend across the country. Don't be afraid to ask them to share if they enjoy it.

Back