Eyyy boss, can I habe de thumbnail review please?

Rotten Sandwich

If you got that reference, then, I guess good for you

Basically I just need to know how bad my thumbnails are so I have the chance to change what I'm doing and make it worse. For the last seven videos I've posted I've been making custom thumbnails with pixlr;'s online editor, and I'm just seeing if I can get a little criticism.

The pic I have attached is the thumbnail I made for my latest vid "Dark Souls 3 Soul Level One episode 14 - "A Dank Memey" "

Thank you to anyone who volunteers their time

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 8
I understand the goal of the thumbnail but I can tell you that I would honestly not click it. Not to be offensive just honest, the background image is extremely pixelated and blurry so it just hurts to look at it. The other major problem is that you used images that don't have transparent backgrounds (the frogs) so the whole thing seems disconnected. I suggest either finding HD screenshots of the game, or just snapping a screen shot from the the footage to get a clearer image, and looking for PNG or Transparent images (EX. Frog png) to place on them if you absolutely have to. Just some advice :)

I understand the goal of the thumbnail but I can tell you that I would honestly not click it. Not to be offensive just honest, the background image is extremely pixelated and blurry so it just hurts to look at it. The other major problem is that you used images that don't have transparent backgrounds (the frogs) so the whole thing seems disconnected. I suggest either finding HD screenshots of the game, or just snapping a screen shot from the the footage to get a clearer image, and looking for PNG or Transparent images (EX. Frog png) to place on them if you absolutely have to. Just some advice :)
Alright thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I'm just wondering what else I could do though. For example what kind of photo editor should I use? Right now I'm just using the free pixlr editor online and manually erasing any background from the images I use as layers. I didn't erase the background with the pepes because I thought by not making a well edited photo it would ironically portray "mlg kool 12 year olds making dank memes", you know that kind of thing, but I guess that didn't come across. I'm new to this so any help would be great

Alright thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I'm just wondering what else I could do though. For example what kind of photo editor should I use? Right now I'm just using the free pixlr editor online and manually erasing any background from the images I use as layers. I didn't erase the background with the pepes because I thought by not making a well edited photo it would ironically portray "mlg kool 12 year olds making dank memes", you know that kind of thing, but I guess that didn't come across. I'm new to this so any help would be great
Gimp is a good free photo editing program not on the level of photoshop it has a lot of utility and if you take the time to learn the program you won't even need photoshop. Getting a hang of art is unique to everyone what I recommend is looking at thumbnails from youtubers you watch and take inspiration from them you would be surprised how many thumbnails are really simple to make, if you need help there are plenty of tutorials for the more advanced items but the best thing you can do is sit down with the program and play around the best knowledge is the information you discover on your own

Gimp is a good free photo editing program not on the level of photoshop it has a lot of utility and if you take the time to learn the program you won't even need photoshop. Getting a hang of art is unique to everyone what I recommend is looking at thumbnails from youtubers you watch and take inspiration from them you would be surprised how many thumbnails are really simple to make, if you need help there are plenty of tutorials for the more advanced items but the best thing you can do is sit down with the program and play around the best knowledge is the information you discover on your own
Hey how does this one look? I got Gimp and I'm hoping this would look a bit more appealing

Attachments

• pook_thumbnail.png
    pook_thumbnail.png
    141 KB · Views: 2
It is better than the first one though it still needs work, your choice of text is not amazing (though this is a personal choice so it might just be my preference) but the main thing is that it looks to small. If you use text in a thumbnail you have to be sure the text is going to be readable from anywhere on youtube so you need to dedicate more space to text. Another problem is that you are still working with low quality images Dark Souls is filled with beautiful scenery so there is no lack of options when it comes to pictures you could use for thumbnails. If you are trying to go for a theme of "Fake Low Quality" for laughs then it works but I think most people will be turned off by it which in the end hurts your chances of people watching. Overall its an improvement but you still have a lot of room to grow

Back