Explain Partnerships?

Bossman1113

Ok, this is probably the most asked/dumbest question but I find the need to ask this: how does partnerships work on youtube? I always thought youtube partners were people who actually partnered up with youtube. That was until recently when I started seeing people chat about their partnerships with other networks like fullscreen and BigFrame and things like that. I am completely confused now because I thought i had a firm grasp on the idea of partnerships, but it seems like I was wrong.

Also, what's the difference between monetizing your videos and partnerships? Don't you get paid for your videos when you are partnered, or is it different then. And I thought you couldnt monetize your videos without actually being partnered.

These days, everybody is a monetization partner. This means, you can monetize your videos and YouTube will pay you through Google Adsense. In a Network, you are a full-partner, now known as a 'legacy partner' (old term idk if people use it anymore) which basically gives you full branding options that YouTube doesn't give you anymore which includes banner and other minor tweaks.

These days, everybody is a monetization partner. This means, you can monetize your videos and YouTube will pay you through Google Adsense. In a Network, you are a full-partner, now known as a 'legacy partner' (old term idk if people use it anymore) which basically gives you full branding options that YouTube doesn't give you anymore which includes banner and other minor tweaks.

Are there any more benefits of being a partner other than the few you listed. Also is there a difference in pay between the two options?

In the old days.. you had to have had a video go viral or a lot of views on your channel.. to get offered partner ship with Youtube... but now anyone can make money off their videos.. you just simply add an adsense account and start monetizing your videos..

Well some of the guys who got big on youtube and some former employees... started the idea of creating networks that partner channels and help them earn revenue..

thus you have the current model for partnership... so although you can monetize your video.. you're not really the definition of a partner... you have to apply for a network or they can find you and offer it to you... At one time you actually had to have a channel that was growing and was getting a lot of attention.. but now there are networks that will partner just about anyone.

Once you are on the network.. you no longer get paid from adsense.. the money comes directly from your partner.. and your back end often changes slightly.. you now claim videos.. and you don't have to wait to be approved to monetize your video..

Are there any more benefits of being a partner other than the few you listed. Also is there a difference in pay between the two options?
you tend to make a lot more as a partner vs using adsense... and of course you can have banners and different things to make your page stand out...

Yes there are, but the benefits very between Networks. Some offer promotions, nice community forums, etc.

Yes, there are differences in pays. Some will pay you a 60/40 difference, others 70/30, etc. Meaning you get 70% or 60% and they get 30% or 40%.

Yes there are, but the benefits very between Networks. Some offer promotions, nice community forums, etc.

Yes, there are differences in pays. Some will pay you a 60/40 difference, others 70/30, etc. Meaning you get 70% or 60% and they get 30% or 40%.
What networks offer 70%?

Back