Existing Channel and content in 2 languages

WebYourMind

Hello everybody.
I am glad to be part of this amazing community.

I am evaluating my channel strategy for 2017, and I was trying to decide about what's the best way to continue producing content for my tech channel.

Currently, myself and my business partner are posting content in 2 languages (English and Italian) on the same channel (3k+ subscribers as of today) and are organizing the content in language specific playlists/sections. We also recently started to add closed captions to our videos.

84% of our audience is from Italy (just because of a couple of successful videos with 100k+views) while the rest is international/english speaking.

Considering that we want to publish more regularly and we are able to produce content in both languages, what do you think would be the best strategy: Keeping 1 global channel in a similar way to what we are doing now (translations, 1 video per each language with the same content, etc.) or should we open a new channel, try to move the Italian audience towards that channel and produce targeted content for each language?

The only thing we cannot do right now is to drive the english audience to another channel because this is our official channel and our main audience target is primarly english. We have promoted (and we still are) the channel in different communities and I would prefer not to convert it into an Italian only language, even tho the majority of the views are from Italy. Therefore if the second option is the most valuable, we would keep the current language with English only content and try to drive the Italian audience to the new channel.

Other than that, should I reupload the old italian content to the new platform or just make an announcement and tell the followers that starting tomorrow the Italian content will be on the new channel?

Thanks a lot if you read up to this point, any help will be appreciated![DOUBLEPOST=1484558214,1484516852][/DOUBLEPOST]up[DOUBLEPOST=1484561358][/DOUBLEPOST]up!

I think it's hard to say but if you're doing well at the moment then I don't think you should split the channel off! Sometimes subtitles with interesting content is worth it and if people are subing and staying then no reason to confuse people. Some people may understand both languages and wouldn't want to sub to two too.

Back