Enable Paid Content?

I only found out about this today and was concerned that because I didn't have over 1,000 subs it may affect my channel in the future. - As YouTube are only offering it to people with 1k + subs. Although I'm just assuming they'd offer it to me when I hit 1k +
tell me the benefit of this features and profit.[DOUBLEPOST=1443621254,1443620985][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi guys, I saw this "paid content" feature in my youtube settings about enabling paid subscriptions. Can someone please explain what this is and whether I should enable it? I've attached an image to show you exactly what I'm talking about.

Edit: I just want to make sure this is not the youtube settings that allows people to pay and not see ads while they are watching?

Thanks!
Thanks to discuss this important issue, I needed this solution.[DOUBLEPOST=1443621433][/DOUBLEPOST]
which country are you from, that could also play a role?
I'm come form Bangladesh.

It used to be 5,000 subscribers or more and you had to convert your whole channel to subscription. Hardly anyone took it up.

Search YouTube Help for this. As usual most of you have this wrong.

It's not for pay-per-view movie channels, and it is the now scaled down Paid Subscription feature YouTube initiated in Sept of last year which used to only be available to channels who had 10K + subscribership. As of last Sept., it is available to channels with 1500 + subscribers.

@Miketastic Thank you very much for letting me know you would not support a channel owner who used this feature...

i thought Paid content was when your getting paid for your content like when your sponsored by someone and you promote them in your video and get paid for it.

i thought Paid content was when your getting paid for your content like when your sponsored by someone and you promote them in your video and get paid for it.
No; it is a channel-wide subscription for monthly or yearly fee, and only available to a few countries. Your whole channel is converted to the paid subscription model, and this is why it is advisable that the account owner found a whole new channel rather than convert an existing one.

If you convert an existing channel that has subscribership to the Paid Subscription mode, you lose all current subscribers and must re-grow your channel from 0 subscribers.

There is an alternate model where one rents or sells views of their videos; this is the one the pay per view movie channels all seem to be using.

Last edited:
Search YouTube Help for this. As usual most of you have this wrong.

It's not for pay-per-view movie channels, and it is the now scaled down Paid Subscription feature YouTube initiated in Sept of last year which used to only be available to channels who had 10K + subscribership. As of last Sept., it is available to channels with 1500 + subscribers.

@Miketastic Thank you very much for letting me know you would not support a channel owner who used this feature...
LMAO oops.

Back