Elgato Game Capture HD: What quality?

SamaJaffa

Just some E[PIC]nglish guy
So on the settings of the Elgato software, you can change the quality to whatever you want (Good, Better and Best). I put it on Best because I'm a quality freak but now I've realised that the file sizes are way to big even after rendering them. If I reduce the quality to Better, will the quality of my videos still be great or will there be a huge decline in quality? Thanks :D

Also, if you're wondering what I'm using to render my videos I'm using Premiere Pro CS6

So on the settings of the Elgato software, you can change the quality to whatever you want (Good, Better and Best). I put it on Best because I'm a quality freak but now I've realised that the file sizes are way to big even after rendering them. If I reduce the quality to Better, will the quality of my videos still be great or will there be a huge decline in quality? Thanks :D

Also, if you're wondering what I'm using to render my videos I'm using Premiere Pro CS6
If you render a video to 720p, then surely it will be 720p? how big are the files? a 720p Black Ops2 video with colour correction is about 200-500MB for me..

It won't be massive no. What is the file size/length/format of the video? File type can sometimes make a difference. I assume there is the option to change it from the default? Also make sure you're rendering in H.264 as this lowers file size without reducing quality.

Hey I have mine on good and record on 720p and the quality still looks good buddy :) but like if you go for the highest quality YouTube will just make it look like 720p anyways :)

Hope this helps

If you render a video to 720p, then surely it will be 720p? how big are the files? a 720p Black Ops2 video with colour correction is about 200-500MB for me..
I have a 3 min video that has Dead Space 3 gameplay (rendered in 720p with best settings) with some commentary and it's around 700mb... :/

Hey I have mine on good and record on 720p and the quality still looks good buddy :) but like if you go for the highest quality YouTube will just make it look like 720p anyways :)

Hope this helps
Hmmm I never knew it would look this good on Good XD I'll put it on Better for now or maybe in the middle of Good and Better!

It won't be massive no. What is the file size/length/format of the video? File type can sometimes make a difference. I assume there is the option to change it from the default? Also make sure you're rendering in H.264 as this lowers file size without reducing quality.
Yeah I knew about rendering in H.264 :D really does make that difference. Right now I have a 3 min video of Dead Space 3 gameplay and it's 700mb :/

Yeah I knew about rendering in H.264 :D really does make that difference. Right now I have a 3 min video of Dead Space 3 gameplay and it's 700mb :/

I can't think why it'd be so ridiculously high. When you export, there is probably the option of 'lossless' video which will give that really high file size, due to it being like raw footage. But lower it down to 720p but compressed. It'll help.

Is that all there is 3 options of good better best type thing?

I can't think why it'd be so ridiculously high. When you export, there is probably the option of 'lossless' video which will give that really high file size, due to it being like raw footage. But lower it down to 720p but compressed. It'll help.

Is that all there is 3 options of good better best type thing?
Yeah same here... way too high XD my export settings are based on what I've seen on tutorials and these settings are high! I have't seen a '720p but compressed' option on Premiere Pro :/ I'll search on google and YT to see if there is an option. Also, Nah it's more of a drag the pointer to a specific point but those are the 3 main bits. Want a screen cap?

Back