Earning abnormaly

KidCom

Hi,
So probably everyone agrees that CPM is usually significantly lower in January. In my case, it has been cut into less than half. The problem is: it keeps decreasing even though the amount of views per day is increasing and remains bigger compared to previous month.
Also, wake up today and see the amount of total views on the channel decreasing as well. What is happening on Youtube lol ?

Hi,
So probably everyone agrees that CPM is usually significantly lower in January. In my case, it has been cut into less than half. The problem is: it keeps decreasing even though the amount of views per day is increasing and remains bigger compared to previous month.
Also, wake up today and see the amount of total views on the channel decreasing as well. What is happening on Youtube lol ?
i never heard its lower in january, why is that and is it true?

This time of year is really sucky the amount you earn compared to the amount of views you get. Closer to Valentines day it might get a little better, but then back to bad again. The holiday season is when its the best, because companies are trying harder to sell things to people. That's my explanation of things at least.

That was a rough month... even by January standards. Some of my most meager days ever. : I

It's never really very consistent, you'll get days where views increase but revenue decreases, and vice versa. As others have said, January is bad although this week I expect ad placement to gradually increase as we get closer to the Superbowl. Things will also get a little better during college basketball playoffs in March. This year could end up being a banner year for advertising as we get closer to the American elections, so hang in there, things should get better!

It's never really very consistent, you'll get days where views increase but revenue decreases, and vice versa. As others have said, January is bad although this week I expect ad placement to gradually increase as we get closer to the Superbowl. Things will also get a little better during college basketball playoffs in March. This year could end up being a banner year for advertising as we get closer to the American elections, so hang in there, things should get better!

+1

There are also the 2016 Olympics in Brazil this summer as well as the 2016 European football championship ("soccer") in France.

Back