Dubbing my own videos

So a thought occurred to me earlier this evening. My first language is English but living in Quebec I speak French fluently and I was thinking that I could provide the same content in a second language.

My idea was to take my original videos, watch them and dub then myself in French. I could then re-upload them to a new playlist for French content.

I'm not entirely sure how to gauge what the interest in this type of project might be. The majority of my current sub's seem to be us, Canada, UK, Aus and NZ but is that just because those viewers haven't found me because they are looking in French?

Anyhow, there's my question.

Try it and find out. You never know if you'll find a new market. Most people posting in English will naturally get hits from English-speaking countries. That doesn't mean the same video with a different language (or subtitles) might not find a new audience.

It may be a good idea to create a totally seperate French speaking channel?

I agree, that would be the best strategy. Both channels would target keywords / SEO in their respective languages. "Bière faite maison", par exemple. ^^

Hmm, OK, I'm not against that, I just figured I could recycle some of the existing video content I already have.

I'd have to be pretty strategic in order to get the most out of each video, I would have to say everything in English, then do the translation in my brain and say it in French.[DOUBLEPOST=1525812295,1525812041][/DOUBLEPOST]Hmm, so I just did a YT search of 2018 of 'Brasser sa biere' which only returned 16 videos.

I think it's a great idea. Rebrand it for the French audience. You might want to even edit it _slightly_ differently in case YouTube would have issues with duplicate videos.

Back