Don't Put Extra Tags In Your Description

Dimitur

Hey guys, so I guess a lot of you put extra tags in your description to rank better. WELL DON'T. My channel had 5k+ subscribers, over 2 000 000 views IN A MONTH with no copyright issues or any other violations. (I promote music).
So today when I woke up and checked my account... Guess what? They've deleted it. I immediately posted a thread in their YouTube Product Forum and they answered me that they terminated my channel because I put extra tags in my description. But why I don't understand.. So many people do it and they decided to screw me..

So guys you should be careful..

Sucks that it happened, they should tell users in a slightly more informative way, but afaik that's against the ToS. Same thing happened to another pretty famous YouTuber.
Sorry to hear it!

"Promote music" - that sounds like a red flag already. Also, did you put a wall of unrelated tags in your description or put the video tags in the description?

I've never really done it because the others Youtubers I've interacted with called it cheating, but its true that Youtube could have given you a warning to remove the tags rather than just plain up deleting it. Now that's loads of artists and their promotion gone :(

Hey guys, so I guess a lot of you put extra tags in your description to rank better. WELL DON'T. My channel had 5k+ subscribers, over 2 000 000 views IN A MONTH with no copyright issues or any other violations. (I promote music).
So today when I woke up and checked my account... Guess what? They've deleted it. I immediately posted a thread in their YouTube Product Forum and they answered me that they terminated my channel because I put extra tags in my description. But why I don't understand.. So many people do it and they decided to screw me..

So guys you should be careful..

Wow that sucks :/

"Promote music" - that sounds like a red flag already. Also, did you put a wall of unrelated tags in your description or put the video tags in the description?
No, never I know they delete channels for unrelated tags. I just put the video title and the artist name 4-5 times..[DOUBLEPOST=1392570445,1392570375][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've never really done it because the others Youtubers I've interacted with called it cheating, but its true that Youtube could have given you a warning to remove the tags rather than just plain up deleting it. Now that's loads of artists and their promotion gone :(
Ya man..

Back