Does everyone just have their own style?

Is there a set way, like a more professional way to write a script? Or does everyone kind of wing it and just have there own style?

Tips and Tricks would be helpful and appreciated!

I don't write down what I want to say because that makes my commentary sound inorganic. That's why if I'm doing like an update or vlog, then I just write down bullet points so I know which topics to cover.

Is there a set way, like a more professional way to write a script? Or does everyone kind of wing it and just have there own style?

Tips and Tricks would be helpful and appreciated!

Depends on what type of video your shooting. Music videos, gameplays, vlogs, short films. Some require scripts, and then again, some you can just wing it. I do a mixture of both, and am still finding my core process of things. Which, in the end, I think a bit of both is fine. There are some videos in which I hold the camera, walk around, drive, go places, and talk to my viewers (usually a little day in the life, or small update videos). For a sit down type of vlog, or skits; I write. Sometimes I just make some bullet points to showcase what I wanna talk about, and other times I write out an entire script.

When writing out a script, I hit record, and then I just start repeating some of the lines over in various ways till one of them feels right, and like it was unscripted. I continue this till I'm finished, edit it accordingly in post, and then finished.

right, I feel like gaming channels, they just play... it would be nice to have a popular gaming channel, it looks fun. I like video games, I just don't have time to play them so I don't... sucks, haha

right, I feel like gaming channels, they just play... it would be nice to have a popular gaming channel, it looks fun. I like video games, I just don't have time to play them so I don't... sucks, haha

I had a small discussion about this last night; gaming channels in general. Normally, whatever is at the top of the totem pole people will try to emulate, and make their own. Gaming is a really big thing, and a lot of people think that if people like Pewdiepie can make tons of money by just screaming like a madman while playing a game; why can't they? This is where you get hundreds of thousands of people making gaming channels solely for the purpose of getting money, and applying no effort into their content, or channel.

I'm not saying that this is everyone, I'm saying it's the majority. You can tell if someone has put effort, and even enjoy what they do by how they do it. The time involved in editing, bettering their equipment because they care about their contents quality. I mean heck, my gaming channel is set to launch on Monday, and I have just a crappy headset mic, though I'm just starting out, so it's expected, haha. Some do "just play", though some vloggers don't put any effort into their videos, and "just talk", etc. It can be said with any genre of video, just depends on who it is.

I had a small discussion about this last night; gaming channels in general. Normally, whatever is at the top of the totem pole people will try to emulate, and make their own. Gaming is a really big thing, and a lot of people think that if people like Pewdiepie can make tons of money by just screaming like a madman while playing a game; why can't they? This is where you get hundreds of thousands of people making gaming channels solely for the purpose of getting money, and applying no effort into their content, or channel.

I'm not saying that this is everyone, I'm saying it's the majority. You can tell if someone has put effort, and even enjoy what they do by how they do it. The time involved in editing, bettering their equipment because they care about their contents quality. I mean heck, my gaming channel is set to launch on Monday, and I have just a crappy headset mic, though I'm just starting out, so it's expected, haha. Some do "just play", though some vloggers don't put any effort into their videos, and "just talk", etc. It can be said with any genre of video, just depends on who it is.
I know what you mean... i don't want to sound like an a** cause I'm a newb... but I have observed many gaming channels (many of them on here too) and I can just tell they are trying to emulate Pewdiepie or Markiplier... which kinda blows cause I don't want to see the same thing over and over again...

Back