Does Daily Uploading Grow your Channel?

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
First don't focus too much on subscribers, focus on views. Subscribers naturally come the more views you get as long as you have the right call to action and all the basics down.

The successful Youtube channels out there have videos that can be searched easily and appear in the suggested videos. Ranking high in the searches means that your videos can keep gaining views potentially forever. Now to appear high in the searches, you'll have to get a lot of views, more specifically you need a lot of watch time during the first 48 hours of your upload. So unless you're one hell of a promoter, or you got a big following already, that you can get hundreds of views on your first 24 hours, then you're not taking advantage of the second day to promote your video.

So get good at promoting! My first 5 videos 2 months ago I could barley hit 40 views the first 48 hours. Then each day I did research and got a little better. Just today my recently uploaded video hit 830 views for the first time and there's still 7 hours to go.

There's an old saying, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"
Promoting videos is like giving it fish. But getting your videos to rank high in the searches, that's likes teaching it to feed itself for life.

Absolutely! I don't know the exact number but on my second video I got 400 views in 2 days and since then it ranks and gets views daily. After that I didn't focus on subscribers much as any video with 1000+ views will get them naturally. If 1% of a thousand sub you, that's 10 right there. I made a few videos specifically to test SEO. I chose terms that had no real action The most I had on one video in the first 24 hours was 1370 or so and that video will likely rank #1 in that keyword forever. That means after enough searches subs will come with it. 10, 20, 30 videos getting even just 20 views a day adds up and subs come with it.

Id say fill up the title tags and description then promote like heck.

Every video I haw now has 90-100 characters in title. 4800-5000 in description and 480-500 in tags. You got some titles that are one or two super common words. So change em up

McCoob

Young Scientist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I take more profit from taking a break from Youtube rather than frequent uploads. But it's just me.

(Seriously, more people follow my channel when I do nothing.)

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I did the mistake to pump out videos in the beginning, getting almost no views.
I do see people putting out a lot of videos per day, which puts me off a little bit, and makes me want to watch a few of them!

Elllisaurus

Reaction score
Quality > quantity in the end. People would much rather see one video every week or two that's actually well produced, has great content and what not, than video's every day with the same mediocre stuff in it. Even if the content in every single video is good, it's still better to start off at a slower pace to make sure the content is better than just "good" to lure viewers into subscribing to you.

Big youtubers like Pewdiepie can effectively create one video a day, but that's because their fanbase is so big that they don't really mind. He started off his youtube channel in a whole different time, when there was not as much competition yet as there is today- so right now, your content needs to be top notch to get more views.

Reactions: Painter

ControllerBreak

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm new, I don't really have much experience overall in youtube or social medias. However I do have some experience in production. Tiniest bit. Enough to say that your release schedule should purely be based off your quality. If you're hitting the marks you want to in each video with value you couldn't make better, then it really shines.

I like to think views will come when people find your awesome video.
Also your stuff is tight. I really like the presentation. Your main page doesn't really help sort your content though. Maybe create playlists that help viewers narrow down their search?

WaspNewsMedia

Reaction score
I've been uploading daily for almost two months, and will continue to do so. I've seen an increase of about 1 subscriber per day, except for my best day with +23, which coincides with a video that's responsible for about half my channel watch time. I guess the algorithm favoured me that day.

Reactions: Michael Linson

KennyT

Reaction score
Daily uploading may get you more views, but make sure that you can keep up with the face. I have seen a lot of YouTube channels just burn themselves out and get the inevitable, "Sorry guys, life got in the way/it got to be too much/I can't keep up this pace" message before a creator takes another break.
i agree with that, and it can start affecting the quality of the videos since you are working against the clock.