Does closed captioning really help SEO?

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
I saw some where that you should caption your videos because it gives more information. I tried it on one of my videos and I got five more views on that video. I know it's not a lot, but it's more than I've been getting considering I haven't been active. Is this a coincidence? Maybe it's unrelated?

I saw some where that you should caption your videos because it gives more information. I tried it on one of my videos and I got five more views on that video. I know it's not a lot, but it's more than I've been getting considering I haven't been active. Is this a coincidence? Maybe it's unrelated?

Tim Schmoyer (at least i think it was him) did a video about it recently, apparently it doesn't help that much but it's still beneficial because it helps with audience retention.

yeah. adding just one extra language doubles some of your tags /key words etc. A surprising amount of peoples will use the closed captioning, which you will see in youtube analytics. The video description translation help too. There are lots of online translators that can do an okay job at translating for you.

I’ve noticed it helps with not getting demonitized. I think because the google can read what is in the video and determine it’s ok. Where as auto caption are often wrong and unclear. I’ve never gotten a yellow circle ever as evidence that this may work

I found that out as well!

I’ve noticed it helps with not getting demonitized. I think because the google can read what is in the video and determine it’s ok. Where as auto caption are often wrong and unclear. I’ve never gotten a yellow circle ever as evidence that this may work

Back