does anyone promote outside of social networks?

foderatelymunny

i believe that social network promoting works if you have a large network, but most people don't and your stuff usually just ends up staying in your circle. my brother does music and there are a ton of music sites so he gets his stuff posted and gets objective feedback from people he doesn't know. i think that's what most people need to do with their videos, its just hard to get your stuff outside of your circle. this forum helps, but it's not enough.

i'd like to help create a list of websites that post relatively unknown youtubers videos whether it be gaming or comedy or music. if you guys know any please feel free to share. i'm still searching for some myself, primarily comedy, but yeah share what you can.

Very true im finding it very hard do you wanna make some sort of website or some way we can help ?

i would if i knew how to code, but i don't. :-/[DOUBLEPOST=1389822059,1389821920][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do, but usually on forums and stuff related to my content.

yeah i post on forums too, but sometimes i feel like i'm annoying if the forum in general is not related to what i'm posting. even if it's in general chat or whatever. it's like "this dude just using us to get views." that's what i'd think anyway. i'm very bashful.

Try advertising on websites related to your niche, if you do gaming contact a gaming forum about their advertising packages, that way you won't be advertising to content creators constantly, it could help :)

Try advertising on websites related to your niche, if you do gaming contact a gaming forum about their advertising packages, that way you won't be advertising to content creators constantly, it could help :)

i would if i knew how to code, but i don't. :-/[DOUBLEPOST=1389822059,1389821920][/DOUBLEPOST]

yeah i post on forums too, but sometimes i feel like i'm annoying if the forum in general is not related to what i'm posting. even if it's in general chat or whatever. it's like "this dude just using us to get views." that's what i'd think anyway. i'm very bashful.
I already go to forums anyways to get tips, info, etc. (mountain biking, dogs, GoPro), so when I record something relevant, I normally share it. Not a whole lot of extra views, I wouldn't really call it advertising because I just like to post pics & videos.

One place that has gotten me a decent amount of views is Facepunch.com.... I wouldn't recommend posting there unless you have something pretty awesome, otherwise they will destroy you! I forget who it was in here, but they went to Facepunch with the wrong approach and was absolutely destroyed apparently, lol. I think she was literally advertising, like saying "Hi, I make videos, come watch and subscribe", and they hate that there.

When approaching random sites like that, look around first to see if your content will fit. It will save you a headache! I'm still trying to find the magic portal that will get me millions of views, my biggest outside of Youtube views are not caused by me, it's when other popular sites embed my videos to their sites (facebook, cheeseburger, Tumblr, etc.)

I post across forums and various things. The weirdest thing I tried was stickers. No lie I actually printed up stickers and stuck them around my area like old school band's used to do. It seemed to work to a extent. Also passed out fliers at New York Comic Con. That seemed to work also. Gotta try the extremes sometimes to make it work.

Funnyjunk is a website that we have found to get a small boost of views. In our experience not many will really click through to your youtube page though and they just thumb up or thumb down on the website so it doesn't affect your likes/dislikes.

I told the bank clerks (anyway I had to explain what for a these monthly checks). As a result we had a whole Citibank branch fens of our channel. :)

When approaching random sites like that, look around first to see if your content will fit. It will save you a headache! I'm still trying to find the magic portal that will get me millions of views, my biggest outside of Youtube views are not caused by me, it's when other popular sites embed my videos to their sites (facebook, cheeseburger, Tumblr, etc.)

yeah when i go on forums i try my best not to be annoying and seem like i'm using them for views. and i don't think there is a single portal that will bump you up to the millions. i feel like there are a lot of different factors involved...like cancer. i know that's a dark analogy, but i couldn't resist.

I post across forums and various things. The weirdest thing I tried was stickers. No lie I actually printed up stickers and stuck them around my area like old school band's used to do. It seemed to work to a extent. Also passed out fliers at New York Comic Con. That seemed to work also. Gotta try the extremes sometimes to make it work.

that's ambitious. i might do that just cause i like stickers.

Funnyjunk is a website that we have found to get a small boost of views.

sweet. thank you!

I told the bank clerks (anyway I had to explain what for a these monthly checks). As a result we had a whole Citibank branch fens of our channel. :)

this is awesome.[DOUBLEPOST=1389854542,1389851457][/DOUBLEPOST]btw if you make sports game videos operationsports forum is a good place for that.

and i usually post in niketalk, but like facepunch they can be pretty abrasive.

Back