Does Anyone Get "High" from YT?

Yea, I get really excited for about 12 hours... Then the "Oh god what do I release next week" starts creeping in lol

But for those 12 hours I can relax and feel extremely satisfied with myself.

I just finished cutting something and I want to release it SO BAD but I'm waiting on some post-production stuff and waiting for my artist to get the music done, so I'm antsy as hell with nothing to do... I do have footage for the video after that, though, so I guess I'll just keep editing until I can't be awake anymore haha

I think I worry too much to feel the excited high. I don't feel excited until my video starts getting views because then I can see that people are actually watching what I put out.

That makes sense. Do you worry because people might not like it or because people might not notice it... or both?[DOUBLEPOST=1427183060,1427183013][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yea, I get really excited for about 12 hours... Then the "Oh god what do I release next week" starts creeping in lol

But for those 12 hours I can relax and feel extremely satisfied with myself.

I just finished cutting something and I want to release it SO BAD but I'm waiting on some post-production stuff and waiting for my artist to get the music done, so I'm antsy as hell with nothing to do... I do have footage for the video after that, though, so I guess I'll just keep editing until I can't be awake anymore haha

I know that struggle. I often end up writing a script for next week or making a blooper reel, even if I don't use it.

Mixture of both. I understand that I post videos that might not be the most exciting sometimes so I don't expect my videos to get a lot of views, but I worry that I either won't get views or that if people do watch it they'll think it's stupid. I can accept criticism, sure, but knowing how the YouTube comments section works, I'm scared of having someone just slam me for something stupid.

Mixture of both. I understand that I post videos that might not be the most exciting sometimes so I don't expect my videos to get a lot of views, but I worry that I either won't get views or that if people do watch it they'll think it's stupid. I can accept criticism, sure, but knowing how the YouTube comments section works, I'm scared of having someone just slam me for something stupid.

A reasonable fear. YouTube has the most BRUTAL comment section of all. No idea why. It seemed worse a few years ago, though... or maybe I was just more sensitive in those days.

All the time, even when I'm at school, thinking about my channel :p
What makes it more fun is we always discussing ideas for new short film and stuff to upload on Youtube with my friends :3

All the time, even when I'm at school, thinking about my channel :p
What makes it more fun is we always discussing ideas for new short film and stuff to upload on Youtube with my friends :3

Not gonna lie, your icon creeped me out and I had to look away from the corner of the screen when it said you commented. C'MON SLENDY!

For me it goes like this: I'm proud of my video and incredibly excited until the moment the video is published. Then I get this horrible fear that everyone's gonna hate it :rolleyes: But once I get the first 'like' or even comment I'm over the moon.

Back