Does a lack of uploading prevent you from gaining subs?

Murphfifagaming

Loving YTtalk
So basically there have been a few long periods of inactivity of my channel and the most recent one seems to have made it very hard to gain new subs. My question is, is this a possibility? And if it is true that the lack of uploads have prevented me from growing should I just start a new channel?

Yes, a lack of uploading makes it much harder to grow since your original subs may have long since stopped watching you due to lack of content and as such you have less people sharing, liking, and commenting on videos so your search ability drops as a result making it harder for new viewers to find your content. As for starting a new channel that's up to you to be honest. You can recover but uploading normally again though it will take a lot of time or you can start from square one and do it that way either way it will take a good amount of work.

So basically there have been a few long periods of inactivity of my channel and the most recent one seems to have made it very hard to gain new subs. My question is, is this a possibility? And if it is true that the lack of uploads have prevented me from growing should I just start a new channel?
This is one of my favorite channels I'm subbed to. He uploads maybe once every 3 or 4 months, but when he does I get excited. He has over 500k subs too.
So to answer your question, I don't think so.

https://www.youtube.com/user/cyriak/featured

I don't think it matters, i've been posting every week for around a year and haven't seen much growth. I don't think you HAVE to upload regularly but it does but the odds in your favour.

Personally i don't make consistent content, yet my subscriber count is constantly growing. Normally i see a small bump in views and subs whenever i release a new video and then it drops back to consistent views and subs from the normal Youtube discovery mechanisms like search and suggested videos.

It varies and depends depending on type of content and a ton of other variable factors, so no definite answer to this.
Of course, in general, it's still better to upload more often.

People are always to upload as much as possible but I don't think this is true. I think quality comes before quantity and it doesn't matter how much you upload, just as long as every time you do upload, it's a high quality video, you will get subscribers.
Take me for example, I don't upload that much at all because I never have time to, but when I do upload, I try to put a lot of work into it and even though I don't have that many subscribers, I am still gaining a couple a week and it's been about 2 weeks since I've uploaded.

Back