Do Your Videos Have a View Growth Pattern?

It used to be a video took time to build up, now it's pretty much the opposite. If it doesn't get big in the first days or week, it will likely never come back.

The way the world is these days - everything is instant, this minute, now, the biggest new story of today is forgotten in 2 days time. Nothing lasts, either make it big in the first 24 hours or be forgotten forever.

That pattern is the same for everyone. I have had videos that started out slow and then started gaining views. My Mustang GT review was one of them. But that one has run it's course and is in a steady decline now. My other video that will eventually be the most viewed video on my channel is still going strong, pulling in a consistent 200 ish views every 48 hours. My mustang review dipped below 100 for the first time in a long time, so I know it is on it's way out.

That pattern is the same for everyone. I have had videos that started out slow and then started gaining views.
That's interesting as it's a full opposite of what happens to my PTCG videos. So maybe the patterns vary then? Or is my channel just so broken?

That's interesting as it's a full opposite of what happens to my PTCG videos. So maybe the patterns vary then? Or is my channel just so broken?

Patterns vary, but the main consensus is that any given video will gain the most amount of views in the first 48 hours. If it falls flat in that period it will most likely turn out a dud. My car reviews are a little different since people might like a certain car more than another. But then fast forward a year later and a video starts doing pretty well for a period. That is because people are looking for that specific car.

Most of the time it still does the same though, most views in the first 48 hours, and it tapers off after that.

I actually had a video that was a year old get 4000 views in a day because it wasn’t a very unknown topic and when someone famous brought it up online, people searched to find out anything and found my video

I actually had a video that was a year old get 4000 views in a day because it wasn’t a very unknown topic and when someone famous brought it up online, people searched to find out anything and found my video
That's pretty interesting! Did you manage to get more subs as well ☺️?[DOUBLEPOST=1508197383,1508197270][/DOUBLEPOST]So my videos do okay. Some will get 50 views within an hour or two, and then will grow over the next few weeks.

I've been playing around with content, but it seems that my ukulele videos perform waaaay better than my other stuff.

That being said. I had some video that a year ago had about 300 views which now has 11k. I have no idea why, but that video still gets me subs and views regularly...

The boost you get in the first few minutes is the notifications to your subs. If they like your video more and more people are notified and a good suggested slot(s) and home screen slot is found for your video to promote further. If performing poorly, it will stall straight away. 9 out of 10times I can spot in the first hour if a video is a hit or not, an okay performer or a dud..

I agree. I also know within the first hour roughly how the vid will perform. I've only been surprised once in recent months, but that took off within the first half of a day.

That's pretty interesting! Did you manage to get more subs as well ☺️?
No I don’t recall getting any subscribers. But I don’t care about that because subscribers rarely if ever, come back and watch regularly. I’m more concerned with percent watched, shares and view count.

4000 views is insane! The most a video of mine ever got after these 4 years was around 350. That video was also from my first year!

No I don’t recall getting any subscribers. But I don’t care about that because subscribers rarely if ever, come back and watch regularly. I’m more concerned with percent watched, shares and view count.

That makes sense :)

I've actually just started watching some of your videos. I really like the editing, music and footage you use. You definitely deserve more subs/views.

Back