Do you watermark your videos?

Yeah, mostly for a reminder to subscribe. It's not that great for protecting your content though. No because I'm small and based on Fair Use.

I used to.
Not anymore, the quality of my videos have gotten better and I no longer wanted my little logo sitting in the corner of the screen.
If someone steels my content, I'd be happy that someone out there watched it.

I watermark mine yes. I don't know if my content has been stolen lpl. I don't even know how I'd find out

I use the YouTube watermark to invite people to subscribe, but if somebody downloads the video file and then re-uploads the video to their own site I doubt that the watermark remains. I would have to include a watermark in the actual video to make it stick...and I don't want to do that.

I have had a couple of my videos stolen to my knowledge, but since almost all of my videos promote yachts for sale and end with my email address I really don't care if they appear in other parts of the web.

I use the YouTube watermark to invite people to subscribe, but if somebody downloads the video file and then re-uploads the video to their own site I doubt that the watermark remains..

Using the only way I know to download YouTube videos, the YouTube watermark does 'stick'.

Using the only way I know to download YouTube videos, the YouTube watermark does 'stick'.
Interesting, and also quite surprising. So if somebody downloaded one of my videos with a watermark and then uploaded it to their own channel that also had their own watermark I guess the two watermarks would overlay?[DOUBLEPOST=1496941217,1496932875][/DOUBLEPOST]Would you believe it, minutes after posting above I found one of my videos had been downloaded by a competitor, adjusted so that my contact details do not appear, and reposted on his channel.

I have just gone through the somewhat lengthy process of submitting a complaint to youtube for breach of copyright.

I shall also write to the competitor telling him to remove it!

I put my logo in my videos, but not in watermark. But, yeah, I do that because if someone could steal my videos, because I was stolen once back in the days.

Back