Do you think i'd get a copyright strike if..

Oophilly215oO

Posting Mad!
I used a clip from spongebob? I know that sounds like a stupid question because normally the answer would always be yes. But in this case i just wanna use like 5 seconds (Not even) of that picture that comes up with a fish and it says 5 Minutes Later.. with the pirate voice. I've seen other youtubers do it but that doesn't make it okay. So i'd like to know your feedback on it. Do you think i should just record my own impression of the pirate voice and try and match the fish picture with a different one to make it completely original?

there is a good chance that you might get a copywrite claim.

i think that if you wanted to use it is to check the partnership program if they can protect you. or edit the video in a way where google will not recognise the file. you can maybe use a screen shot recording instead of downloading the clip and using it.

there is a good chance that you might get a copywrite claim.

i think that if you wanted to use it is to check the partnership program if they can protect you. or edit the video in a way where google will not recognise the file. you can maybe use a screen shot recording instead of downloading the clip and using it.
For all that i would just try and recreate it lol Just sucks cuz that clip is so iconic and it would be funny to use. I don't think recreating it would do it as much justice as the original.

I have moved this to the Copyright Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussions for the forum for you :) Any time you use footage that isn't yours, you run the risk of copyright.

It seems to me that audio copyright claims are easier to detect. Creating your own voice would be a good idea. For the image, you can change/distort it so that it is unlikely to be detected. I don't normally advise people in this manner but it doesn't seem to me that you're really trying to take anything away from the proper rights holders.

I haven't had any trouble with Spongebob footage yet but its still copyright so you could still get a claim on the video

It seems to me that audio copyright claims are easier to detect. Creating your own voice would be a good idea. For the image, you can change/distort it so that it is unlikely to be detected. I don't normally advise people in this manner but it doesn't seem to me that you're really trying to take anything away from the proper rights holders.
It's still risky, i like your idea but if i do it im just gonna make it all original so i eliminate the risk factor of copyright.

Back