Do you drop ideas if they can't be monetized?

If it can't be monetized I will not make a video for it. Not because of not being able to make money off of it, but because if it can't be monetized then it is for reasons such as copyright or something else. So when it can't be monetized we don't touch it to make sure that our channel remains safe.

I go ahead anyway - the revenue I do earn is very low on what I do monetize - so if I opt to post something that's not monetizable, but I think would be fine - I'd do it anyway.

I don't really care of it could be monitized or not as long as I enjoy wha I have put out. But does copyright only come into play when monitization comes into play? or in general? I never really got that and it has held me back on some ideas to be honest. I mean can I use mainstream music in vids as long as hey aren't monetized? stuff like that.

Well in my case, doing games, you have to deal with the copyrighted content of a large company by who's good graces you are allowed to upload and monetize the footage. Some developers allow you do to do whatever you want and others do not. If a developer says you can't monetize then that's their final call.

In other cases I can reasonably predict what the consequences of a video would be. For instance if I would upload the intro of Fallout 3 I'm certain the video would be Content ID Claimed because there is a copyrighted song in it. I don't honestly mind that though. A content ID claim does not actually hurt your channel in terms of termination and I won't be able to monetize that intro anyway because the game developer doesn't allow it.

I monetize what I can, but since I don't exactly get 1000s of views to make money off em to hit threshold I wouldn't care if one or two vids wasn't monetized.

A great idea which can't be moneytized can Always bring a lot of views.
See it as a good advertisements for your other videos.
So with that in mind I think I'll do it anyway.

If you have an idea, interesting or not, you should do it. Monetizing videos are just as important as making content that will bring viewers to your channel and your other monetized videos.

I would realize the project although you can't monetize it. Just for fun and it is a good opportunity to learn a lot.
And maybe so you will get a lot more views on your channel and on your other monetized videos.

Back