Do people like watching videos about peoples lives?

My viewers enjoy the occasional different presentations. Try to make it interesting and keep it from looking like a boring home movie :)

Well as most home movies are recording with terrible audio and video quality I'm sure it will be fine

Depends. You need to create a video using the best clips of your days activities. I would record bits thought the day and make a highlight video. This keeps the viewer from getting bored and keeps the video interesting and entertaining.

For example if i were to go on holiday and record some videos while there, would people watch it, or am i just odd in that i love watching videos about interesting things in peoples lives

if you want to get popular with that you need interesting people, an interesting situation, and someone with an objective eye for what's entertaining and what's not. You'd need it to be only the things the viewer will feel are endearing, not down time or boring dialogue.

People love those videos. The key is that your videos should be as dumb as possible. Something like Kardashians or Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

Back