Noidz

Personally I have the Mavic Pro and while the bitrate is 60 compare to the mavic air bitrate 100, I'll still stick with the pro. The portability on both drones is about the same but justing having the .4 aperture advantage helps with the overall color processing for me. Thoughts anyone?

Because this is related to video equipment, I've moved it to the video hardware discussion forum. =)

I planned to get the Mavic Air and I still want one actually, but I see major problems from the legal side. It becomes increasingly difficult to find places where you are allowed to fly. It depends on the country, but in most of them you aren’t allowed to fly in cities, you arenkt allowed to fly in national parks, you aren’t allowed to fly over private property. I ask myself where to use it? In my bedroom?

Technically you can fly in a national park - you just can’t take off or land inside the national park.. I’ve done several videos taking off at border and flying into a large Nat. Park in my area..

To answer the question - I would compare the video quality of both to the DJI Phantom 4 models (you can find comparisons on YouTube)..
I have an older Phantom 3-Advanced and when comparing it to my friends new Mavic Pro, it blows it out of the water - the Mavic footage is muddy, soft and very difficult to color correct even when using a ‘flat’ color profile.
BUT - the Mavic is WAY more portable and a lot smarter - but if image quality is your most important criteria, check the Phantom 3 or Phantom 4 ..

I planned to get the Mavic Air and I still want one actually, but I see major problems from the legal side. It becomes increasingly difficult to find places where you are allowed to fly. It depends on the country, but in most of them you aren’t allowed to fly in cities, you arenkt allowed to fly in national parks, you aren’t allowed to fly over private property. I ask myself where to use it? In my bedroom?
Yeah drones are definitely more outdoor usage then city usage. But for the most part. You just got to understand airspace and you will be fine to fly in air space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah drones are definitely more outdoor usage then city usage. But for the most part. You just got to understand airspace and you will be fine to fly in air space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s right and there are apps that help. Nevertheless, restrictions are either extremely tight or so unclear that I’m unsure what I’m allowed to do and what not. And I mean from what I understand you aren’t allowed to use a drone in let’s say the Grand Canyon.

That’s right and there are apps that help. Nevertheless, restrictions are either extremely tight or so unclear that I’m unsure what I’m allowed to do and what not. And I mean from what I understand you aren’t allowed to use a drone in let’s say the Grand Canyon.
Well technically you can fly in it buuuut you cant land or take off from there. Soooo quick disclaimer always follow the rules! But there are many loopholes within the law and such one thing always know what your doing! If you know what your doing you can avoid many problems that people have with drones.

Well technically you can fly in it buuuut you cant land or take off from there. Soooo quick disclaimer always follow the rules! But there are many loopholes within the law and such one thing always know what your doing! If you know what your doing you can avoid many problems that people have with drones.

That’s true. What I want to say though is that the times when you could just take your drone and record a video are over. You have to know these loopholes or you simply don’t have much to film any more.

Back