Discouraged

Mike Kowalski

Director of ImaginationLand
I don't usually get discouraged when people don't really watch my videos, I know it's a process and a slow one at that. But have you ever made a video that you just know from the bottom of your stomach is really good? You put a great amount of effort into it and you know that people will like it, yet you don't seem to be getting the love, and in turn feel a little discouraged?

Kinda feel like that right now with the video I just put up...obviously it's early but I thought it would perform better in the first few hours than my other videos, but oh well!

Also my friends are wanks and say that they will definitely share my video, but don't

You just have to learn new ways to network, do more collaborations, ask for shoutouts, get more famous YouTubers to retweet your stuff. This one dude, TheProTurtleGamer, did one video about TheSyndicateProject. He got him to retweet it, and he gained 18k views and 100+ subs in a weeks time.

It's all about the publicity, my friend.

You just have to learn new ways to network, do more collaborations, ask for shoutouts, get more famous YouTubers to retweet your stuff. This one dude, TheProTurtleGamer, did one video about TheSyndicateProject. He got him to retweet it, and he gained 18k views and 100+ subs in a weeks time.

It's all about the publicity, my friend.

Yea I know :p

I sent it to other youtubers, directors, my music clients, facebook friends, old professors, etc. I just wish people weren't so lazy and more supportive, waiting for that big name to share it lol ;)

Youtube is too flooded now that it's hard to look for actual GOOD videos from small youtubers ): it's a shame, really. Don't fret too much about your videos not being viewed as much as they should because it's kinda Youtubes fault, in my opinion.

I sent it to other youtubers, directors, my music clients, facebook friends, old professors, etc. I just wish people weren't so lazy and more supportive, waiting for that big name to share it lol ;)

Do something related to a big YouTuber, a parody, a skit, etc.. Then if they notice it, they might share it a bit.

Congratz on 100 subs ! ;) i totaly didnt help XD ! you actualy have good vids with good edditing ! just wait its a game of luck as well .. how yt works so just dont give up thats the key to success !

The main thing is that everyone is gonna feel that their video is awesome from the bottom of their heart, except for those purposely making a quick thing expecting fame or copying someone's work. There are eps where 5 or so of my friends gather to make but it annoys them that in the end that video only gets 30 views or so.

haha thanks man I appreciate that :)
you are welcome and remember if you give up you will not gain anything and not loose anything and if you keep on making vids as much as you can you will end up with thousents of subs and satisfactory feeling !

you are welcome and remember if you give up you will not gain anything and not loose anything and if you keep on making vids as much as you can you will end up with thousents of subs and satisfactory feeling !

I won't be giving up at all :)

The genre of stuff I do isn't as popular on youtube but will be better in the future...I want to do film and music videos as a job :p

Back