Different Topics - Different Channels?

asac_schrader

Hello there! Been reading this forum for a long time and now I've finally decided to sign up and ask a question.

I want to make two different kinds of vlog type videos. The first one being law related videos, where I'm gonna talk about everything law related that's interesting at the moment. The second will be a vlog type of thing about general aviation and I am going to be flying airplanes and talk about stuff that's got to do with this.

So the big question is, should I start two different channels or just one? I'm really clueless about this. On the one hand I think that it's somehow better if I have two different channels so that each audience has its own channel and nobody gets videos on their wall that they're not really interested in. On the other hand I kind of like the idea of having one channel because it somehow shows who I am and combines the two things I am good at.

Difficult decision. What do you think?

Hmmm... That's a hard one. I have one channel in which I do comedy on one day and challenges the other which are very different but I still try to put a little comedy into the challenges to make them mesh better. Where as yours will both be blogs, but on completely different topics. I guess I would maybe do two different channels, but promote the opposite channel on both of them. That way people who only like one topic can subscribe to one channel but others who like both will see your other one promoted and might subscribe to the second. If they like both they can just be double subscribed, and if they don't they won't have to see the second type.

Personally I think thats an easy one. Make different channels but cross link them.

Your goal is to get subscribers, your reducing the chance of that if people are only interested in small amounts of your content. Once your channels are a decent size you can start mentioning the other one on your end card and people might check them out.

Thank you for your answers so far! It's probably the best idea to do that. I somehow wanna "brand" my (screen)name or anything similar in both of these shows. How do you think that would be possible? Do you think having part of my screen name in both channels would be a good thing?

Back