DESIGN IDEAS?!

dillonft

I need design ideas for my channel.

I use Photoshop to create my thumbnails etc, and also my channel backgrounds.

Just give me good ideas because I'm not creative AT ALL!

Check out my channel to see my (VERY BAD) channel banner :)

You use photoshop to do that? Have you ever just tried randomness to see what you come up with? I made my background with Adobe Illustrator yesterday, it was my first illustrator creation.... I just made something random, check it out to see what randomness can do, let me know what you think

It think your banner is great! Looks great and the color is attention grabbing.

when designing any graphics remember C.A.R.P. this is what my high school graphic design teacher taught me
Contrast - you want something to really STAND OUT, preferably the name of your channel or a pic of you. It has to be something important so that the viewer gets what they're looking at.

Alignment - basically it needs to be neat and tidy (unless of course messy is your style) here is an example of an unaligned object.
Alignmen.jpg

Repetition - Repeat the same style within the design, if you don't people won't get it and will think its weird/ugly.
Proximity - Keep everything evenly spaced.

there's some tips anyway, just make sure it doesn't look like this (although this image is from a joke post)
13-signs.jpg

I see what you were trying to do there. I think you should probably incorporate a photo of yourself instead of a cartoon drawing. Maybe put a clean background behind you, or maybe a colourful one similar to the RayWilliamJohnson style if you think it fits the type of videos you will be making. It really depends on what direction you are taking your channel, and how you want it represented. My banner for example, is bright and clean to represent my upcoming videos. I still have a couple of fixes to make, but it fits the direction I'm taking my channel.

Checked out your channel and your banner and avatar clash. Not trying to hate.

Back