Description Tags

VidsEXtreme

I wanted to ask all of you about your thoughts on adding extra description tags on your videos. Does it have any beneficial effects at all? Or are editing tags in the info and settings section more than enough?

I'm not really sure, I personally don't add them myself but I see a lot of big youtubers doing so I guess it must help lol :)

You are NOT allowed to do it, and your account will get in trouble for placing extra tags in your descriptions. Some more well known YouTubers can get away with it, though it's not something the average YouTube should do. This is why the SEO, and description optimization was made. Follow that and you'll be good to go.

You are NOT allowed to do it, and your account will get in trouble for placing extra tags in your descriptions. Some more well known YouTubers can get away with it, though it's not something the average YouTube should do. This is why the SEO, and description optimization was made. Follow that and you'll be good to go.

Oh wow, I was not aware of that. I definitely want to avoid doing that anytime soon then.

YouTube doesn't mark anything as spam, the community does. PewDiePie could spam keywords in his description and might get off fine if none of his fans want to flag his videos. Any random channel with tons of tags pasted in their descriptions are quite likely to be flagged, but it's not like YouTube staff go around removing videos. They don't have the time for that.

YouTube doesn't mark anything as spam, the community does. PewDiePie could spam keywords in his description and might get off fine if none of his fans want to flag his videos. Any random channel with tons of tags pasted in their descriptions are quite likely to be flagged, but it's not like YouTube staff go around removing videos. They don't have the time for that.

Youtube or community what does it matter:p

Youtube or community what does it matter:p
That makes a lot more sense. But with my super small audience, I'm pretty sure none of them really pay that much attention to my descriptions anyway lol.

Back