Dark game footage looks bad quality on youtube

turnerm8r

Hi there. My channel is a gaming channel and I record all my footage in 1080 60fps but if I am in a dark area of a game the footage comes out looking bad quality after rendering and uploading even if the rest looks great. IIuse Sony Vegas Pro 15 for video editing. I have tried to find better editing settings to improve this but have not found anything that I'm really happy with yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

you can make brighter in youtube creator studio after you have uploaded. Seems like that will be the best fix for you. Just go to edit video and you should find it next to Info and Settings.. called enhancements. You can play it back to see if you like it better or revert back to your old copy if not.

turn up the brightness in the game.

Thanks for the response. Obviously this won't help for stuff I have already recorded but I can try on stuff going forward. Would you suggest doing this for all games or just ones that I know are going to have dark areas?

you can make brighter in youtube creator studio after you have uploaded. Seems like that will be the best fix for you. Just go to edit video and you should find it next to Info and Settings.. called enhancements. You can play it back to see if you like it better or revert back to your old copy if not.

Thanks for the response. I will give this a go.

Back