Daily uploads yes or no?

DonHazeon

I've Got It
So recently I wanted to reboost my gaming channel.
I usually uploaded once a week. I feel like I can do much more and I was thinking about daily uploads. What are your thoughts on that?

Also! I wanted to show another hobby of mine which is singing.

Should I do this on the same channel or would you suggest making a separate channel for this as it’s something complete different!

(Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this)

Well, since there is a lot of competition in the gaming world, it may do you some good to set yourself apart from the crowd! As for daily uploads, I'm not so sure. Some people say go for it, the more content the better. and many gaming channels do that, but I'm not sure (and anyone correct me if I am wrong) that it's something you should do starting out- because you want the views and giving out too much too soon when you are new could prove detrimental. BUT take my advice with a grain of salt. It's YOUR channel first and foremost. I think it would be cool if you did maybe 2 gaming videos and a singing video a week! So it's kind of a happy medium.

Well, since there is a lot of competition in the gaming world, it may do you some good to set yourself apart from the crowd! As for daily uploads, I'm not so sure. Some people say go for it, the more content the better. and many gaming channels do that, but I'm not sure (and anyone correct me if I am wrong) that it's something you should do starting out- because you want the views and giving out too much too soon when you are new could prove detrimental. BUT take my advice with a grain of salt. It's YOUR channel first and foremost. I think it would be cool if you did maybe 2 gaming videos and a singing video a week! So it's kind of a happy medium.

That could actually be an awesome idea! Don’t you think it’s to different from each other to be on the same channel tho?

That could actually be an awesome idea! Don’t you think it’s to different from each other to be on the same channel tho?
It's really hard to say. I mean, I think it could be cool if you did both, but at the same time it could be confusing for your viewers if you don't put it in your banner and about section.

Uploading frequently is usually monumental for gaming channels. If you're not comfortable with the usual two videos a day, you could always go for one a day, or maybe five times a week (with two off days). Whichever schedule you pick, ease your way into it, make sure you're comfortable enough that you don't burn out (!!!) and last but not least, stick to it. Find a balance point where you can upload as frequently as possible without overly exhausting yourself while churning out the highest quality content possible. One good video a day is always better than two bad, poorly edited, rushed videos a day.

As for your singing, I would suggest making another channel. Gaming and music generally don't mix. The audience for your gaming content will find the music stuff annoying, and vice versa.

That said though, everything that I wrote was just what is generally believed. You could always make your own route and be the first gaming-music channel. It could be your thing, your uniqueness. You never know!

Last edited:
I was uploading daily, but found I ended up rushing and the quality of the videos slipped. I moved to 4x a week, meaning I could spend more time on making quality content and it was definitely less stressful.

My stats remained roughly the same, which has made me tempted to go back to daily uploads and spend more time on them, but hey life is too short.

If you can maintain quality then go for it.

Uploading frequently is usually monumental for gaming channels. If you're not comfortable with the usual two videos a day, you could always go for one a day, or maybe five times a week (with two off days). Whichever schedule you pick, ease your way into it, make sure you're comfortable enough that you don't burn out (!!!) and last but not least, stick to it. Find a balance point where you can upload as frequently as possible without overly exhausting yourself while churning out the highest quality content possible. One good video a day is always better than two bad, poorly edited, rushed videos a day.

As for your singing, I would suggest making another channel. Gaming and music generally don't mix. The audience for your gaming content will find the music stuff annoying, and vice versa.

That said though, everything that I wrote was just what is generally believed. You could always make your own route and be the first gaming-music channel. It could be your thing, your uniqueness. You never know!

Yeah I already know two videos a day is going to be to much for me with having a daily job aswell :p

But I think you’re right about separating it. I was actually thinking about people getting annoyed with it

Second channel it is then! Time to make some more graphics haha!

Thanks man you’ve been a great help[DOUBLEPOST=1512812055,1512811880][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was uploading daily, but found I ended up rushing and the quality of the videos slipped. I moved to 4x a week, meaning I could spend more time on making quality content and it was definitely less stressful.

My stats remained roughly the same, which has made me tempted to go back to daily uploads and spend more time on them, but hey life is too short.

If you can maintain quality then go for it.

Yeah I mean recording them doesn’t take a lot of time for me tbh. It’s the editing that takes the longest, but I figured I could get one video out a day. Especially if I work ahead

I’m trying to have around a 2-3 day headstart to avoid rushing

I find the hardest thing for most YouTube creators about daily uploads is keeping up the pace. Many have a lot of enthusiasm for it at the beginning, but it can turn into a grind really quickly. Since you upload weekly right now, I'd say to increase your output by a bit (maybe 2-3 uploads per week) and see how well you handle the added time commitment and pressure to come up with subject matter, and if that is easily done, then move to daily.

Separate channels for singing, since it's totally unrelated to your current video's.

Daily uploads can be overwhelming for your viewers, which could make them stop watching you all together. If you have time for more uploads, that's great! However, with that, why not try learning new styles to up the quality of your videos? & upload twice or three times a week on particular days & times for consistency.

Back