Custom Thumbnails

PowerfulRedHat

I Love YTtalk
I was wondering what kind of thumbnails you guys like to use and why? More importantly the why. I finally am able to use them, buuuuuut I don't think I'm using them to their fullest potential. :p
Any input at all is valued, and you could let me know what you think of my current thumbnail too.
Thanks! :)

i think your current ones are pretty good. maybe you can make the text stand out more like add a white trace over the text or something:). just making the text more readable

i think your current ones are pretty good. maybe you can make the text stand out more like add a white trace over the text or something:). just making the text more readable

Aye, when I drew them up the images were much larger, but it's hard to read in actual thumbnail size eh. :p

Something that focus on the channel name, the background them make the design part that people get more welcome:)
Normally i focus more on that designing my thumbnails.
;)

What is a thumbnail?

Edit: Oh! Ok, ok, haha. Well I think you should use something that stands out and makes people go, "Hey, what's that?" Yours is interesting but if you put the text in a more readable size and color/style I think it would stand out more. :)

What is a thumbnail?

Edit: Oh! Ok, ok, haha. Well I think you should use something that stands out and makes people go, "Hey, what's that?" Yours is interesting but if you put the text in a more readable size and color/style I think it would stand out more. :)

Thanks everybody!
After my next video I'll sort out a new template for my thumbnails with bigger text. :)

We either use a screenshot from the video or a posed shot to get the point across-see thumbnail in the sig for a good example

Same as the above two posters, I normally pick a relevant screen in the video, darken it a little to make the text stand out more. If I was good with art I would totally design a custom picture as a theme.

Back