Custom thumbnails?

Vir

Super Poster
Hey!
I run a music promotional channel,and i've always asked myself if i should use custom thumbnails,and i always hear from people that they attract viewers and they are a must
But i dont find any way of making them
Meaning that i know how to make them but i dont know what to put in there?
The track name/artist? Thats already in the title
Genre? Already in description
What can i do?

A picture that suits the type of video :) thumbnails usually capture 90% of searching viewers attention so make it colourful but in the right way :)

Reactions: Vir
I would overlay the song title with some eye catching typography on top of a high quality image from the video. Even though the song title is in the video title, many people only look at thumbnails when sifting through videos. Keep it simple and well designed and you'll be good to go.

A picture that suits the type of video :) thumbnails usually capture 90% of searching viewers attention so make it colourful but in the right way :)
Thanks for your input! :D
I would overlay the song title with some eye catching typography on top of a high quality image from the video. Even though the song title is in the video title, many people only look at thumbnails when sifting through videos. Keep it simple and well designed and you'll be good to go.
Nice idea! I'll try it out and see,thanks :)
Moved this over to Branding and Channel Design.

Id recommend using a website called picmonkey! Even though you still have the song name in the title, I think you should have it on the thumbnail as well! People usually look at the thumbnail before the title :)

Id recommend using a website called picmonkey! Even though you still have the song name in the title, I think you should have it on the thumbnail as well! People usually look at the thumbnail before the title :)
Yeah,i already know that and use it a lot,thanks anyway :)

There are some really great thumbnail tutorials from some pretty creative people! I always look those up when I need some thumbnail inspiration. I would just use some eye catching fonts, pictures, titles, etc. It also helps using the "draw" function on picmonkey and then lessening the opacity of it, and using it to kind of highlight the text! I like to do this to make my thumbnails pop more :)

Keep it simple. An eye catching picture that captures the mood of the music and then easy to read typography big enough to cover no less than 40% of the pictures. You want people who are scrolling through videos to clearly get an idea of what your video is.

Back