Current Events or Slow Grind?

Current Events or Things that you wanna take time on?

• Current and Relevant

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I wanna take my time

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
(Edit 1: Sorry about the poll. I dont know how to change the choices. But basically choice 2 is "Take my time")

(Sorry for the title, I think my brain isnt functioning anymore, I probably could word this better but I'm at the point where I'm just "I'm done")

Hi guys, so I'm trying to start a game development/gaming youtube channel and I need advice.

As audiences, we probably want a well thoughtout, well edited content, but as creators (if we want to get pushed up by the algorithm and be relevant), I assume that we have to do current and topical things that we push out as soon as possible to talk about it.

As someone with a full time job, I can only come home and have about 2-4 hours of free time before I hit the sack. If this was the case, I probably wouldnt have all the time in the world to record and edit and all that. Idk, what do you guys think?

I know I should just worry about the intangibles later and just start, but I think I'd like to clear my mind on how I can stay consistent with my content and not hit any road blocks.

To start with don't worry about algorithms or getting on the trending page, being spotlighted etc.... that stuff will come with time. What I have found is to create content that you enjoy making, get that out 2-3 times a week or even more if you can and just have fun with it. That will set a basis for you channel. If you could create 2-3 great entertaining videos that you loved making then you will do amazing on YouTube. Once you have a small following you can then start to look at the best ways to get on these trending pages and recommendations etc. but to begin with just enjoy yourself.

To start with don't worry about algorithms or getting on the trending page, being spotlighted etc.... that stuff will come with time. What I have found is to create content that you enjoy making, get that out 2-3 times a week or even more if you can and just have fun with it. That will set a basis for you channel. If you could create 2-3 great entertaining videos that you loved making then you will do amazing on YouTube. Once you have a small following you can then start to look at the best ways to get on these trending pages and recommendations etc. but to begin with just enjoy yourself.

Hey George, thanks for the advice. I'll take it to heart. I've already had one other channel with around 200 subs around 2 years, and I threw it away because I couldn't keep consistency. People liked it of course, but the editing and drawing(I do art/games) content was so hard. I wish I could find a balance in things I find nice, and things I can do consistently.

I´m going for slow growth or making my own content (of course I have been inspired by other YouTubers) but I still try to make my own content with my mark on it.. In the beginning I was not 100% sure how I should do it and my videos was not really my style but now I have settled on a style and try to stick with it

I'm taking my time with my videos and don't try to rush it just for the sake of uploading something. But I think it's depending on the content: a gaming video can be made more often and faster than a travel video for example.

Back