Creating when you don't feel like it

So, tackling this is arguably easier depending on the channel you run, if you do Vlogs, then I imagine it's quite to hard to keep content going when you're in a negative way, no matter the type or reason.

However if you say, have a gaming channel, like myself, then the easiest way to get around it is to record A LOAD whenever you are feeling like it, so you have spare videos to edit and release when you maybe aren't in the mood for recording. This same thesis could probably be applied to review channels, music channels, skit channels etc.

Example. I am attempting to release daily videos, covering Overwatch, Forza, Reviews etc. So on Friday, I recorded 5 Overwatch videos, not all I might use, but just in case, on Thursday, I recorded 3 Forza videos, and the audio for a 'preview' style videos, but I didn't record anything on Monday/ Tuesday/ Wednesday, nor today, as I've got enough content for at least a week.

Also, unless you have a dedicated fanbase that genuinely look forward to, and regularly watch your content (in which case, reliability is important), then you really don't need to stress out about putting content out!! Remember; content that was made/ edited when you weren't feeling up for it, is automatically going to be worse than the content you made when you were.

It's best to let your viewers know you're not feeling yourself. You don't have to go all into detail if you don't want to, but they're gonna realize if you're acting different. The best thing to do is just let them know your personality may be a tiny bit off because of some personal things.
Or you could either take a break from posting. Once you feel better, let your viewers know what's been going on on the next video.

Happens to me alllll the time. I get depressed pretty often it really sucks but I always tell myself to keep pushing forward that it's going to pay off in the end. Youtube is what I want my career to be. I want to to have fans, I want to be big on youtube. That has ALWAYS been my dream and I intend on sticking to it.

For me, one of the main reasons I started doing YouTube is because it keeps the creative juices flowing. If I don't feel like making videos or doing anything at all, I end up not doing it for a really long time. But if I 'force' myself to start, my creativity comes back a lot sooner and I usually still end up enjoying the process of making the video.

Back