Couple questions from a newbie..

I am pretty sure this is the correct folder to post this in but if it's not im terribly sorry :/

Anyway, I have a couple questions!
1. I need help with a channel name. My channel is going to have beauty/lifestyle/fitness/organizing videos on it. Can anyone help out with that?

2. Does anyone have any tips for a new youtuber? Do's and Don'ts? I would appreciate anything and everything!

3. I plan to purchase a new camera and a lighting kit in a couple months and need to know what's the best brands but stay in the $500 range? Thank you all for you help I appreciate! :*

Madison's Avenue

Camera's there are plenty...

Lighting kits you don't have to spend a lot you can get a professional kit for like 120 or so off amazon.. Or you can just buy some channel balls and lamps and go that route for under 50. Just remember key to good lighting is reduce shadows and separate you from the back ground.

Hi there, I'll just move this to the Strategies & Technique Advice section of the forum for you :)
How about MadlyMadison..................that's the first thing that came into my head lol.
I would say when starting out...create a brand for yourself. Decipher what you want to be, (who you are) and incorporate that into your videos.

1. Choosing your channel name can be quite tricky. Just remember to make it something that you won't regret in a few months/years. Take your time with that one. Sorry I can't really think of anything atm to help you.

2. Do's and Dont's - Don't overly spam other YouTubers. Do's - Do everything really, It's all trial and error at the beginning until you get comfortable.

3. Canon and Nikon are probably the most used cameras for YouTubers. I myself use a Nikon but most people use a Canon camera. Just do some research before you go buying. A lot of people use the Canon T3i Rebel or otherwise known as the Canon 600D.

Hope this helps in a way :)

I'm not going to touch on the name as my creativity is generally limited in the beauty and fitness department... (sadly)... and so I'll move on to the other two topics!

2. I would say most importantly, be yourself! People will often respond to the realness of a person's personality. So feel free to be quirky and natural while dishing out your hip tips. And of course, you should always strive for quality over quantity. Good editing with light background music and an attention-grabbing thumbnail are also good to have! Hope this helps. :)

3. I use a Canon Vixia R300 and I find the audio and video quality to be quite astounding. It also comes pre-installed with several effects features like color filters and effect stamps. And it only cost me $189.00 refurbished on Amazon. However, if you have the budget then a Canon Rebel T3i (or whatever the next model is to come out) or a Nikon D3200 or D3300 are also awesome DSLR cameras that shoot high quality pictures and videos. So it doubles as a really good camera for photography purposes as well.

When it comes to a name, think of something catchy, not long and easy and quick to spell.
Go at it from a marketing point of view, and yes, I know the irony of someone with my name and giving advice on unique names.

If you are going for a general channel, try having a neutral name, something can would not be directly pinned to one thing hence leaving space for creativity and branching, without going "well the name of my channel, might confuse some people".

And lastly, do what you think is fun. If your doing something you dislike or not enjoying it, and it gets too formal, you are doing it right.

So if you have a name that you like, but it goes against everything said, but you really like the name....well f**k the rules.

Back