Could YouTube be my Career??

TheMix

I've Got It
Is YouTube money good enough for it to be my career? Like if I I grind enough and work hard could I actually make a good living off of it?

Hard to say at this point after the whole ad-pocalypse fiasco. But hey, there are youtubers out there with like 100k subs and still seem to make a living because they get sponsors or people donating to their patreon. Maybe do the grinding first before even thinking about the money. You won't know what will happen if you don't try.

100k views earn you around 100$.

1M earns you around a 1000$.

You need between 1500$ and 3000$/month to pay bills, rent and put food on the table.

So you need between 1.5 M and 3 M total views each month to call YouTube a job and live off of it.

100k views earn you around 100$.

1M earns you around a 1000$.

You need between 1500$ and 3000$/month to pay bills, rent and put food on the table.

So you need between 1.5 M and 3 M total views each month to call YouTube a job and live off of it.

That could be less at the moment, and I guess it fluctuates each month as well, so it´s hard to tell how many views you will need to live off youtube!
But as of right now, as said with the ad boycott, it might be hard to make a living on youtube! It would be wise to have a job until you will earn decent enough from youtube!

It can be, but remember that you can work as hard as you possibly can and still never make YouTube a sustainable career. It'll all depend on what content people want, and other things like that. Plus, there are a ton of people that want the exact same thing as you, and are trying as hard as they can to get it, so I can't say it will be easy -- but it's certainly possible!

Besides, I think you'd have to rely on a little more than YouTube, anyway. For example, from what I've seen, animators can't solely make a living from YouTube due to how long the animation process takes them. They rely on fan funding, donations, art commissions, merchandise, and likely many other things to actually make things work out. YouTube, by itself, may not be a good idea even if you receive millions of views a month.

Exactly. It's all a big gamble. You can work hard and grind and make a video that took a lot of work and effort to make, and still have no one watch it. Most big time Youtubers use Youtube as brand recognition but make money by selling merchandise related to their channel and patreons and all that.

I would say basing a career on AdSense revenue these days is a losing proposition. While YouTube seems to be trying mightily to find ways of having the advertisers support the creators, they seem to be making a decision to support a shrinking number of larger creators rather than spread everything out over all creators. So I'd say it's worth your time to try to grow as much as you can, but I wouldn't expect it to be an easy road.

I'd also say there are a million other ways to make money while making video content, so explore figuring out alternate income streams like merchandise, a store, sponsorships, self-publishing, helping with editing or other things for other creators, etc.

I think it's an outlet to be yourself. Yes you can make money but if that is all your doing it for... it will start to show on your videos.

i think you can but you don't really want to be thinking about the money, have fun, be creative, show people what you can do! if it does turn into a career, awesome! if it doesn't, no need to worry, just keep doing what you do best! :D

Back