Cosmic Panda Nearly Fully Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm not super hyped about the new look, but like everything i'll adapt. The only major issue i have is that i can't figure out how to friend people now, and that it now makes some Youtubers look like they spam. :/

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Anyone been checking their stats much since its release on video views etc? I wonder if they have gone up, down or remained the same although I have a feeling down slightly.

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm still growing gradually as before, but I heard Youtube is going to delete inactive subs sometime this week? I wouldn't like that, but that's the rumor I've heard.

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm still growing gradually as before, but I heard Youtube is going to delete inactive subs sometime this week? I wouldn't like that, but that's the rumor I've heard.
that rumor is true...but that's not that big of a deal. It's better with cleanup.

lalgsw

Reaction score
i just realized that the entire youtube friends feature has been removed

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That makes me wonder what the criteria is for an inactive sub, are these people who have closed their accounts or those who dont visit YouTube often to be classed as active on there or inactive as in they dont watch the people theyre subbed to regardless of activity elsewhere on YouTube.

@lalgsw yeah they're calling them contacts now and they're only viewable to yourself. I will miss the friends system too.

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I think it'll just delete the accounts that haven't logged in for over a month or something like that. I don't think they'll automatically unsub you from a channel if you haven't watched any of their vids recently, that would be bad.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it'll just delete the accounts that haven't logged in for over a month or something like that. I don't think they'll automatically unsub you from a channel if you haven't watched any of their vids recently, that would be bad.
I wonder if that will be a proper deletion then including the username as they really need to do something about the username situation but that could be solved by allowing dashes rather than deleting old accounts, it would be great for us lot though if they did free up old taken usernames.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Deleting old accounts that collect dust might be at our advantage... even if it's a small advantage.

Without a friends feature, getting new viewers and subs might be a tad harder. I hope it's just a feature they haven't added yet and plan on adding.

Status
Not open for further replies.